A Level results day 2018

Millenniumram

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Who else is going through this one today then? Where’s everyone off to?

Im on my way to the dirty land of Leeds with A*A*AA, I’ll where my derby shirt proud!?

You got two A*, A*, A, A and you've ended up in Leeds? 

Something's gone wrong!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Im on my way to the dirty land of Leeds with A*A*AA, I’ll where my derby shirt proud!?

Well done Millennium, that's fantastic.  Be very proud of yourself for getting such good results.  And although Leeds is full of Dirties don't worry - it's a really great city for students.  You'll have a fantastic time.

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Well done mate, fantastic results.

I’m off to Manchester to study law with A*AA. Seems like we’re representing the forum quite well!?

I’m on the piss tonight but have work at 6am tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I’m off to Manchester to study law with A*AA. Seems like we’re representing the forum quite well!?

Could have chosen somewhere with a decent football team! 

At least you're handy for about half of our away matches. 

Congratulations, son! 

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Well done mate. I went to Leeds 93-97 and had a brilliant time, you’ll love it. The city has changed a lot since I was there - Headingley is a lot livelier now and there are some great real ale pubs down by the station. You’ll probably do the Otley Run - it used to be 10 pubs but is probably now over 20. Good luck!

Derby has a university, never understand why these pesky students move miles away to study, living off loans and white lightning. 

Unless you’re a super nerd that can get in Oxford or Cambridge, stay at home, avoid racking up huge debts that get sucked out your wage packet the minute you get a decent job. 

51 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Straight back at you, certainly does seem we’re showing that we are, despite the demise of many of our threads, a reasonably intellectual forum almost??

Good luck with that one, Sure there won’t be any hangover 

34 minutes ago, David said:

Derby has a university, never understand why these pesky students move miles away to study, living off loans and white lightning. 

Unless you’re a super nerd that can get in Oxford or Cambridge, stay at home, avoid racking up huge debts that get sucked out your wage packet the minute you get a decent job. 

Where do you live again?

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Just near the University of Cleethorpes and the North Humber  (aka Grimsby Institute of Higher Education )

?

Never stepped foot in there! Wasting my life in classrooms resisting entering the real world, nah.

Well done buddy.

I think there should be more done to help students find out where their real interests lie.

I mean I took math, business, economics and law at A level and pretty much flopped them all.

I didn’t go to uni. Had no real interest in it.

Instead I traveled to Australia and Canada, before coming down here to Mexico. I learned Spanish in 3 months, at 6 months I hit a wall where I couldn’t learn any more unless I took up something with particular vocabulary like astronomy. 

Who knew I had a knack for languages? Who knew I had real interest in sport, nutrition, tourism and culture? 

Nobody ever sat me down and told me that what I really wanted to do was great, even if it wasn’t conventional or likely to get me into some fancy university.

I was just following a path I didn’t want to take... I’m not complaining as my life has turned out well, but I can imagine there are thousands others out there who also never got the support or was lead down the wrong path for them and ultimately became lost in society.

11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Thanks! Aha think I’ll need to make every lecture, you’re a bit ducked if you miss anything in maths, it all follows on so no pressure there...

Great results - congratulations! And I recommend maths having studied it too and then published books on it some of the time. Talking of which you really should read the brilliant "How to study for a mathematics degree" by Lara Alcock before you go (one of mine). However brilliant you are at A level, there's a big shift in how you learn maths as you go on and it will help keep you up to speed. 

Archived