A Level results day 2018

Millenniumram

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gratz on the results, you must be pleased with them! Not sure about Leeds though, stay strong ?

Don't know anyone of that age myself but our eldest who is 15yo is home schooled (cos the secondary schools near us are awful) has just got A's in GCSE Biology and Maths after taking them a year early.  We're doing 4 next year which will (all being well) be enough to get him into the 6th form at Ashby ?

14 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Gratz on the results, you must be pleased with them! Not sure about Leeds though, stay strong ?

Don't know anyone of that age myself but our eldest who is 15yo is home schooled (cos the secondary schools near us are awful) has just got A's in GCSE Biology and Maths after taking them a year early.  We're doing 4 next year which will (all being well) be enough to get him into the 6th form at Ashby ?

Thanks, it’s going to be a tough one up there, glad it’s a way away yet after last weeks hammering!

Theyve done bloody well to get those results so early, biology I always thought was one of the hardest GCSEs, if they can do that they’ll have no problem getting into sixth form

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Who else is going through this one today then? Where’s everyone off to?

Im on my way to the dirty land of Leeds with A*A*AA, I’ll where my derby shirt proud!?

It seems you got fantastic results... but you are also going to Leeds....

correl.gif

24 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

20 years ago i got my A Level results...

Biology: N (No result)

Sport Science: U (Ungraded)

Psychology: n/a (thrown off the course)

I've still no idea what the difference between 'No result' and 'Ungraded' is supposed to be.

I got an N grade which I was told is "Near". If that's Near pass or Near fail, I can't tell you.

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Who else is going through this one today then? Where’s everyone off to?

Im on my way to the dirty land of Leeds with A*A*AA, I’ll where my derby shirt proud!?

Well done indeed @Millenniumram. One of the lasses who works for Mrs Hants' ice cream emporium has sadly been on the other side of the results emotional fence having gained a "D" when she was predicted an "A" and needed a "B".

Not one of my own but almost feels like it - pieces are being reassembled I gather and I suspect the 2-for-1 cocktail hour in Revolution will be taking a pasting later......??

(ps just as well you didn't enter into the Forum Debating A level............)

24 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Well done indeed @Millenniumram. One of the lasses who works for Mrs Hants' ice cream emporium has sadly been on the other side of the results emotional fence having gained a "D" when she was predicted an "A" and needed a "B".

Not one of my own but almost feels like it - pieces are being reassembled I gather and I suspect the 2-for-1 cocktail hour in Revolution will be taking a pasting later......??

(ps just as well you didn't enter into the Forum Debating A level............)

Thanks! Never nice when things don’t go quite the way you’re expecting them too, though it does seem unis aren’t exactly averse to taking those who had potential to do better, seems surprisingly that they’re fans of the 9k a year they pay?. In saying that, one of my mates was supposed to be coming with me to Leeds but missed the entry requirements by one grade so they’re obviously being tight there at least! 

Aha I’m not surprised at that one, would have been following suit had I not been on a 11 hour flight yesterday sleep walking all day?

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Thanks! Never nice when things don’t go quite the way you’re expecting them too, though it does seem unis aren’t exactly averse to taking those who had potential to do better, seems surprisingly that they’re fans of the 9k a year they pay?. In saying that, one of my mates was supposed to be coming with me to Leeds but missed the entry requirements by one grade so they’re obviously being tight there at least! 

Aha I’m not surprised at that one, would have been following suit had I not been on a 11 hour flight yesterday sleep walking all day?

back in my day it was "well there's always Teesside Poly......." ?

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Ah following on from you am I?? Aha think I’ll need to make every lecture, you’re a bit ducked if you miss anything in maths, it all follows on so no pressure there...

That's what they all say at the start! Get ready to be frequently called a a Southerner by every single person in Yorkshire like I was.

Archived