Cameron Jerome

Nun.ram

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for me that’s a shame, I think he offers more than Nugent and Waghorn, he only got going in the latter part of last season when given a good run of games. He’s a strong competitive forward who is a real target man and great in the air, was hoping we would see more of him this season to see if he could carry on where he left off last season. 

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Nun.ram said:

Fair question. How many goals have nugent, wag horn or Marriott scored in the first three games? Big fat zero so far. We've got five goals two from mount, two from Lawrence and one own goal. 

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Fair question. How many goals have nugent, wag horn or Marriott scored in the first three games? Big fat zero so far. We've got five goals two from mount, two from Lawrence and one own goal. 

Come on any of them have hardly had any minutes? That’s a bit harsh. I do agree Jerome can still do a job however he’s a Rowett style of hoof’a’ball player and Frank doesn’t want that style and rightly so. 

2 hours ago, Nun.ram said:

Well for me that’s a shame, I think he offers more than Nugent and Waghorn, he only got going in the latter part of last season when given a good run of games. He’s a strong competitive forward who is a real target man and great in the air, was hoping we would see more of him this season to see if he could carry on where he left off last season. 

Waghorn literally joined 6 days ago... give him a chance at least ?

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, Wrightdcfc said:

Come on any of them have hardly had any minutes? That’s a bit harsh. I do agree Jerome can still do a job however he’s a Rowett style of hoof’a’ball player and Frank doesn’t want that style and rightly so. 

Jerome will run and chase after balls ... So will wag horn and Marriott. I not sure any of them are more or less suited to passing football. Also not sure we have the players in midfield yet to play passing football. 

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Jerome will run and chase after balls ... So will wag horn and Marriott. I not sure any of them are more or less suited to passing football. Also not sure we have the players in midfield yet to play passing football. 

So if Waghorn & Marriott do the same job then there’s no need for Jerome? Is that what you’re saying? Frank wouldn’t of built a team of hoof ball headless chickens to play passing stylish football? He might be a newbie but he isn’t that daft. That’s like trying to turn a Catholic into a Protestant or vice versa. 

1 minute ago, Wrightdcfc said:

So if Waghorn & Marriott do the same job then there’s no need for Jerome? Is that what you’re saying? Frank wouldn’t of built a team of hoof ball headless chickens to play passing stylish football? He might be a newbie but he isn’t that daft. That’s like trying to turn a Catholic into a Protestant or vice versa. 

Waghorn seems a strange signing in the scheme of things, would have preferred Abraham on loan, though don't quote me on this next May if he bags 20 goals!!! Hope he does ? ️ 

1 minute ago, philmycock said:

Waghorn seems a strange signing in the scheme of things, would have preferred Abraham on loan, though don't quote me on this next May if he bags 20 goals!!! Hope he does ? ️ 

Yeah I would of liked to of saw Abraham at Derby to! 

21 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I had no idea his first name was Wag. 

Sorry, I couldn't resist it 

Got to to feel for cam jam, looked a real threat towards the end of the season. Still got blistering pace, and would score more goals in this league than Nugent. Didn't look great pre season, however still championship level striker imo. I don't think waghorns any better, time will tell. 

2 hours ago, philmycock said:

Someone will quote you, I guarantee it.?

I agree about Waghorn, He'll probably be brilliant but I think Marriott and Bennett would have been great fighting for that lone striker spot.

My mate was at Oldham tonight and said Marriott will be Frank's Bobby Davison.

Cam is unlucky. Was good at the end of last season and I thought he’d have been a good plan b. Frank has clearly decided otherwise. What worries me on this thread and others though is how quick people are to seemingly write Waghorn off. It’s as if Derby fans need someone to moan at. God knows what everyone will do if Keogh is dropped (which I don’t think he should), no one will have anything to moan about.  

42 minutes ago, Kirkbyram said:

Cam is unlucky. Was good at the end of last season and I thought he’d have been a good plan b. Frank has clearly decided otherwise. What worries me on this thread and others though is how quick people are to seemingly write Waghorn off. It’s as if Derby fans need someone to moan at. God knows what everyone will do if Keogh is dropped (which I don’t think he should), no one will have anything to moan about.  

You must be new around here ?

Archived