Holiday Plans 2019

Angry Ram

14 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

When we went years ago you did not have to do the full 5 (or was it 7 ?) days trek. We did last 3 days which allowed us to get to Macchu Pichu early in the morning and we had the place to ourselves. It does get steep and the altitude makes it harder. I rember playing footie with some kids outside our hotel in Cusco and it nearly killed me!

Very near Cusco is Saqsaywaman, not to be missed. The Egyptians  and Romans could build but the Incas are well up there as well.

I'm doing a four day trek and I'm hoping we'll get to Machu Pichu nice and early so we miss the day trippers. 

Saqsaywaman looks incredible, will definitely see if I can give it a visit while I'm there. 

13 hours ago, McRamFan said:

As previous stated altitude can catch you out.  Good boots, pack light and be aware of dehydration.  Are you solo or booked through a company as a group?

I'm booked through a company that does these treks so I should at least have a guide so I don't get lost! Need to get my vaccinations in order before I go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off to Bali for a couple of weeks... took 30+ mins to find the car park we pre-booked. Eventually we made our way to the bag drop and apparently we can no longer stay at the hotel we originally booked during our layover in China. Got through security and found the nearest pub, only to knock my pint over before taking a sip. 
Not a good start so far ?

On 27/09/2019 at 20:37, Ghost of Clough said:

Off to Bali for a couple of weeks... took 30+ mins to find the car park we pre-booked. Eventually we made our way to the bag drop and apparently we can no longer stay at the hotel we originally booked during our layover in China. Got through security and found the nearest pub, only to knock my pint over before taking a sip. 
Not a good start so far ?

Have fun. I love Bali. Loved Nusa Lembongan. If you go to Ubud try the Sweet Orange Warung cafe. Lovely walk out to it. 

On 09/09/2019 at 15:10, Frogram said:

I'm going to England for my holiday , towards the end of September ! My annual trip to the Costa del Sawley , during which I hope to see the Rams v Birmingham , pig out on fish and chips and takeaways , and enjoy many pints of well - hopped beer in the local pubs  - luxury .

Did you make it to the game? If so, can you come every week?

Archived