Observations - but fewer than the new signings

Half fan

Hasn't Frank just done what Nigel Pearson was supposed to do?

Frank's statement that he'd 'watched lots of Derby performances last season' now takes on a whole new meaning.

If we are reeling, what must the old guard be feeling? Less euphoric than us, probably.

Tenerife must have been merely a 'thank you for trying ' holiday for them.

Rowett won't be shaking hands anytime soon with Mel 'no money for new signings' Morris.

If Mel bursts into our dressing room now, he'll think he's in the wrong room as he won't recognise anyone.

Isn't this a bit over the top to keep Leeds guessing about our team on Saturday?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Half fan said:

Frank's statement that he'd 'watched lots of Derby performances last season' now takes on a whole new meaning.

If we are reeling, what must the old guard be feeling? Less euphoric than us, probably.

Rowett won't be shaking hands anytime soon with Mel 'no money for new signings' Morris.

If Mel bursts into our dressing room now, he'll think he's in the wrong room as he won't recognise anyone.

Isn't this a bit over the top to keep Leeds guessing about our team on Saturday?

I still say we wouldn’t have had any money to spend with rowett, cos Rowett would have wanted to keep Vydra. Add on the fee for Rowett himself, and we’ve got about £13 mil more in the kitty than we would have with Gary. 

20 hours ago, Half fan said:

Couldnt agree more... and I think this might set us back further than was necessary.

So many changes, half of whioch haven't played in the championship before, and by a managerment team who havent operated at this level before. The Championship is different from World cup football and premier league football, and its also different from youth football. Stoke and WBA have found that to their peril in the opening week of the season.

One thing is for sure Lampard will have plenty of options in personnel.

I guess I would love to go to one of those fans forums and ask Mel, and possibly Frank what the hell are you doing?

But i would of course ask it in a more pragmatic kind of way.

Given everything Mel has gone on record of saying before, and given the amount of senior Pros we have contracted to next summer not this, surely the amount of ins would have been better next season when after a year in the championship Lampard would have a better idea of whats required and would know which out of contract players to release. Very little consideration for our youngsters who deserve a chane, and to the likes of Jerome and Thorne who have just signed new contracts last season.

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

Couldnt agree more... and I think this might set us back further than was necessary.

So many changes, half of whioch haven't played in the championship before, and by a managerment team who havent operated at this level before. The Championship is different from World cup football and premier league football, and its also different from youth football. Stoke and WBA have found that to their peril in the opening week of the season.

I guess I would love to go to one of those fans forums and ask Mel, and possibly Frank what the hell are you doing?

You misery you! Pessimism is my copyright normally but I'm buzzing

I was buzzing when he came in and the first couple of loans came in.  But not so much now. 9 new players were definately not required, and this stinks of someone trying to bring a whole new team together and expecting them to know each others game, and gel together instantly. It pretty much never works

2 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

I was buzzing when he came in and the first couple of loans came in.  But not so much now. 9 new players were definately not required, and this stinks of someone trying to bring a whole new team together and expecting them to know each others game, and gel together instantly. It pretty much never works

It doesn’t stink of that at all. It stinks of planning for next season once everyone’s gone. 

This guy summed it up pretty well in this twitter thread...

2 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Morris has gone poo or bust, this has to be his last roll of the dice. I really hope it works for him as I don't want to see him lose his hard earned. But really can you take anything he says literally? No more, he was badly advised stuff. This is Morris making those descisons to bring players in. His blessing.. Good luck Frank, you are some sort of god down here. 

This team will take awhile to gell I would imagine. Hope fully a good few out on loans otherwise training will be messy. At least they can play 11 v 11 with pretty good 11s.

Good luck Mel, Good luck Frank, Good luck DCFC.

Good luck indeed. Ive been watching us so long out of the EPL I dont really care much for it anymore.
I do however like to feel an association with my team, and wacthing almost entirely new players, will make me think im watching someone else.

He's trying to quickly assemble a squad that matches his vision.

What's the problem?

We sold Vydra and a few others have gone off the wage bill. That helps the balance.

Look at how many players some other clubs have brought in. 

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just because he's bought them it doesn't mean he's going to play them all immediately or all together.

In fact the evidence so far is that they'll only get in the team when Frank and Jody think they are ready.

This is spot on. How some fans think all 9 new signings will be in the starting 11 on Saturday is beyond me. 

55 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Given everything Mel has gone on record of saying before, and given the amount of senior Pros we have contracted to next summer not this, surely the amount of ins would have been better next season when after a year in the championship Lampard would have a better idea of whats required and would know which out of contract players to release. Very little consideration for our youngsters who deserve a chane, and to the likes of Jerome and Thorne who have just signed new contracts last season.

Your Chris Martin and I claim my £5

15 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Possibly, but let's trust the new manager. We have finished between 3rd and 10th for a few seasons now and if the goal is promotion then things need to change. The signings appear to be hard working players who are youthful. It's time to try something different. A lot of players from last season are nearing the end of their contracts I think so we have to build for the future and not just forthcoming season.

The transfer window causes these bursts of transfer activity. I must admit i wasn't expecting nine new arrivals and i am romantic enough to wish that some of our existing players and youngsters could still feature strongly. 

FL gave assurances that every player would have to earn their place on merit.

over to frank now.

16 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Good luck indeed. Ive been watching us so long out of the EPL I dont really care much for it anymore.
I do however like to feel an association with my team, and wacthing almost entirely new players, will make me think im watching someone else.

With due respect mate, my association is with the emblem on their chest, not with the individual players. Following players went out with amateur football. 

Archived