Jamie Hanson - Joined Oxford United

EnigmaRam

Just now, YorkshireRam said:

Bennett's had more than than twice as many games, a cursory glance at the stats would have shown you this, though I guess your opinions aren't based too much in the facts...

So what, we give Hanson as much time as he needs to frequently disappoint us? Bennett has had more games, because he earned more games. Hanson should never have got a new contract, he isn't good enough in any position for a league 1 side, let alone for Derby. What have you seen from him that indicates he has any kind of ability? 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

So what, we give Hanson as much time as he needs to frequently disappoint us? Bennett has had more games, because he earned more games. Hanson should never have got a new contract, he isn't good enough in any position for a league 1 side, let alone for Derby. What have you seen from him that indicates he has any kind of ability? 

I remember Hanson on his starting debut (I think?) single-handedly earning us a point against Norwich... can't remember Bennett scoring a match-winner for us? Now that's not criticism of Bennett as I also hope he turns out to be a world-beater, just a point to say writing players off early is a dangerous tactic... look at Paul Pogba and how he was discarded by Man Utd, only to then become their record signing only a few seasons later!

I remember Hanson on his starting debut (I think?) single-handedly earning us a point against Norwich... can't remember Bennett scoring a match-winner for us? Now that's not criticism of Bennett as I also hope he turns out to be a world-beater, just a point to say writing players off early is a dangerous tactic... look at Paul Pogba and how he was discarded by Man Utd, only to then become their record signing only a few seasons later!

Bennett literally just set up the match winner less than a week ago? Hanson has never scored a match winner, he got that extremely fluky goal against Norwich (don't try pretend that he meant it). Paul Pogba was not discarded for his ability, he was discarded for his attitude. Bit of a weird example, when Fergie knew Pogba was talented, just does not stand for bad attitudes, and perhaps he was right with Raiola already trying to pull Pogba out of united.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

People used to say the same stuff about Jake Buxton and he worked out ok didn't he?

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Bennett literally just set up the match winner less than a week ago? Hanson has never scored a match winner, he got that extremely fluky goal against Norwich (don't try pretend that he meant it). Paul Pogba was not discarded for his ability, he was discarded for his attitude. Bit of a weird example, when Fergie knew Pogba was talented, just does not stand for bad attitudes, and perhaps he was right with Raiola already trying to pull Pogba out of united.

3 minutes ago, roboto said:

Maybe Bennett hasn't scored a match winning goal yet but this happened a few days ago... you don't remember?15333434133251277.gif

And Hanson turned in a corner to earn us a point so they've both contributed in the minor stints they've had playing for us, he'd have been sold a long time ago under a different manager if he was so massively out of his depth. We don't see the player in training and so we have a much narrower perspective of a player's ability than a coach or manager; so to then judge him so harshly without realising that only makes you naive...

And Hanson turned in a corner to earn us a point so they've both contributed in the minor stints they've had playing for us, he'd have been sold a long time ago under a different manager if he was so massively out of his depth. We don't see the player in training and so we have a much narrower perspective of a player's ability than a coach or manager; so to then judge him so harshly without realising that only makes you naive...

Or maybe it's naive to cling onto the idea, a player who has been absolute woeful for us, is going to suddenly become good enough for our first team. Maybe he wasn't sold because a.) nobody wanted him or b.) he wouldn't be worth very much. Bennett's contribution was about skill, Hanson's about pure luck (I notice you ignored that part of my post). If Lampard rated Hanson at all, he'd be getting a chance like the other youth, yet he hasn't been. 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Or maybe it's naive to cling onto the idea, a player who has been absolute woeful for us, is going to suddenly become good enough for our first team. Maybe he wasn't sold because a.) nobody wanted him or b.) he wouldn't be worth very much. Bennett's contribution was about skill, Hanson's about pure luck (I notice you ignored that part of my post). If Lampard rated Hanson at all, he'd be getting a chance like the other youth, yet he hasn't been. 

Neither skill nor luck matter if the ball ends up in the net, goals earn points, doesn't matter how they go in

And he hasn't been woeful, as I said, if that were the case, why has he been kept at the club this long? You're disagreeing with people that know far more than you, as football is their vocation, not hobby. Multiple managers have deemed him decent enough to keep around but since Andicis said he's bad, I guess we should just pay off his contract and see him off with a solitary middle finger raised... ?

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Unfortunately, it's true. 

Nah - He got taken off because the rest of the team couldn't handle his sheer magnitude of presence - They kept turning round to watch him play a 45 yard wonder-pass instead of getting on with their own game

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

1 clip from 2013, wow you sure proved me wrong. No. He's had little to no good performances from Derby, his first touch is woeful, he can't pass, and he rarely puts in good tackles.

1st touch isn't bad in this ?

I think Hanson has suffered from being seen as a utility player. Yes he’s put in some poor performances, most notably when playing at full-back, but other times he’s done OK and even looked quite bright when occasionally played in a more advanced role. However realistically he’s not going to get much game time here at the minute so a season-long loan at somewhere like Burton, where he can play in one position, is the best option for him at the minute. 

I’d imagine he feels very frustrated about his career so far. Different managers have used him as a sub for different positions, he has never had a fair run in the side. Consistency is key and if anything our various managers have some responsibility for his stalled development. 

I really hope he goes on loan and finds a clear role he can excel at, then if he shows it, we can start including him in the squad etc.

Don’t forget he is still only 22 and probably costs us very little. 

5 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

Personally if we were to move the likes of Johnson, Butters and Ledley on at the end of this season, he could be the bruiser type of midfielder that Johnson is now. However cheaper and younger.

Definitely get him loaned out though, both he and the club need it. 

As all three contracts expire on 30.6.2019 I should imagine they’ll all be waved farewell and I expect Hanson to have left as well.Determined young chap but not good enough at this level.

Archived