Lose Lose Situation

LE_Ram

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind Leeds winning to be honest.

I wasn't around in the dirty days, the Leeds I know spent a shed load of money and dropped to the third tier in a bit of a mess. I get we're supposed to hate them, even though it it one sided these days, but I just don't. I do find their superiority complex rather hilarious though, same as those down the A52, they have a lot in common. 

I will always be grateful for the fee that they paid for Seth Johnson, that was beautiful. I want a fiver, no we will give you a tenner. No wonder it all went a bit Michael Tonge.

Both sides will be competing at the top end of the table you would think, so the best result would be a draw, the reality is I would take a Leeds win over a smiling Rowett. 

A terrible dilemma. I was around in the Revie days when men were men and Leeds were monsters. It was horrendous but it was different times.

On the other hand parachute payments are grossly unfair, Rowett disgusts me with his jumping ship (although I think his brand of football is rubbish). So I shall cheers Leeds. Hope they have a tough game though and we thrash them next week!

Sith Happens

Still really dont get the hatred towards Rowett for going to Stoke. People move jobs every day when given an opportunity they think is better, and probably a decent pay rise, either that or we must have an incredible amount of loyal people on here who would stay with their current employer even if offered loads more money elsewhere to do the same job.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Still really dont get the hatred towards Rowett for going to Stoke

It was the total reversal of all the stuff he mouthed when he joined. Here for the long term, always had affinity for the area etc,etc.

Also, I get moving for more money. I only hope that he had to pay DCFC something to leave his contract early. In my working days I had to give 3 months notice and there were other restrictions where I could work. 

Sith Happens
Just now, FindernRam said:

It was the total reversal of all the stuff he mouthed when he joined. Here for the long term, always had affinity for the area etc,etc.

Also, I get moving for more money. I only hope that he had to pay DCFC something to leave his contract early. In my working days I had to give 3 months notice and there were other restrictions where I could work. 

That's what the compensation was for that Stoke paid us.

And yes of course he said about being here for the long term, how often do you think people turn up at a new job, or even in the interview and say 'Dont think i'll be here long mate, i'll be off as soon as something better comes along?'

I cannot, will not, ever ever ever bring myself to support Leeds. I've not grouch with Stoke at all. 

They are unforgivable to me. So I guess the Leeds v Forest game is a bit of a draw situation but so sh/Ty  have Leeds been as a club down the years, not just Revie days but their constant moronic fans, idiot players Woodgate and Bowyer... That chant they sing about them being the real champions of Europe. Ripping the BBG seats out in the 80s.,. Meh...the list goes on...if push came to shove I'd support Forest over them. 

21 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Still really dont get the hatred towards Rowett for going to Stoke. People move jobs every day when given an opportunity they think is better, and probably a decent pay rise, either that or we must have an incredible amount of loyal people on here who would stay with their current employer even if offered loads more money elsewhere to do the same job.

It might be related to the fact that he'd not long since signed a super new contract, pledged his loyalty, blew our budget on Jerome, but then split as soon as the play-off dust had settled. 

came across as duplicitous, disloyal, and selfish. Apart from that.....

2 hours ago, LE_Ram said:

So Snake City play the Dirties this afternoon. Was planning on watching this before I realised I can't really cheer either team on ?

Anyone else think of any such matches where you want neither to win?

I usually find out when someone scores who I want to win, but in this case I think its hoping for things that have positive knock ons for our game next week.  Bamford or Douglas getting a knock and maybe Jansson or another suspension would be good.

2 hours ago, LE_Ram said:

So Snake City play the Dirties this afternoon. Was planning on watching this before I realised I can't really cheer either team on ?

Anyone else think of any such matches where you want neither to win?

I'm hoping 'giant meteorite' makes a brief but hilarious appearance.

Rowett has gone and we didn't do too badly out of him, so I can't share the anti-Stoke feeling. They don't register with me any more than Coventry or Leicester. Just another club. 

Leeds, personally, I can't abide...but I can see why the younger generation don't share that view.

I'm hoping for a 0-0 to take a point out of the league, and several brutal injuries and a sprinkling of red cards.

Archived