Is it just me?

Tommy P

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not just you. What’s more annoying they have card sales lines around our concourse , that because nobody uses them, some walk up with cash, effectively queue jumping!

Gets more heated at times, than the pies! Specially if the games dull, so happened a lot last year. Either stick to the rules or do away with them and save the aggro, trouble is most of the guys/gals are spotty kids and struggle with aggressive males giving them grief.

To be fair the majority are very pleasant, some are very slow but wouldn’t say incompetent. They are probably just putting the effort in they feel their pay deserves. For the past 15/20 years kids have struggled with maths without a calculator. When I was young you could go into a pub. Order 3 or 4 drinks and the young man or lady would put the last one down and ask you for the required amount. With automation of tills and computers/ calculators at school etc  they struggle to add 2 together 

Derby County are doing there bit for the community in giving young people an opportunity. If you want a Michelin star restaurant, go to Michelin star restaurant. Are you really kicking off that you have to spend a few more minutes waiting for your pint and pie? The talk of the queues getting heated too... Jesus Christ we have some terrible humans on this planet. First world problems or what? 

1 hour ago, Tommy P said:

Is it just me or does anybody think that pre match and half time catering at dcfc is run by a bunch of incompetent kids. It takes forever to get e pie and a pint. Surely they must do better

I suggest you get a better internet provider if it takes ages to get your e pie

27 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Derby County are doing there bit for the community in giving young people an opportunity. If you want a Michelin star restaurant, go to Michelin star restaurant. Are you really kicking off that you have to spend a few more minutes waiting for your pint and pie? The talk of the queues getting heated too... Jesus Christ we have some terrible humans on this planet. First world problems or what? 

So giving a youngster a job then not training them properly is a great idea. Nice one

31 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

So you’re one of the queue jumpers then...? (I jest)

Last season they did a cheese and onion pie and of the maybe 3 or 4 times I ordered a pie and a pint, I received a chicken balti pie at least twice

This season, the veggie option is....vegetable curry pie. Hoping that us veggies don't notice the incompentance? 

13 minutes ago, sage said:

I solve this problem by never buying anything at the game. 

I solve this problem by telling my wife to get me a pie and pint any time I fancy them during the game. She solves it by telling me to duck off (in Spanish, obviously). I then solve the next problem by making myself a nice mug of tea in my Derby county mug at half time ?

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

I solve this problem by telling my wife to get me a pie and pint any time I fancy them during the game. She solves it by telling me to duck off (in Spanish, obviously). I then solve the next problem by making myself a nice mug of tea in my Derby county mug at half time ?

Nice to see who is boss

I have not been back there at half time since my lad went and asked for a bottle of coke and they said he had to buy a meal to which he said he only wanted a drink to which they said he could have one if he brought a meal - well he was about 10 but he still told them they were stupid ! ( disclaimer this was rather a few years ago) 

1 hour ago, Nick_Ram said:

Queue jumpers aren’t really a problem for me, this season, like last, I’m going to get up around 5 mins before half time, enjoy my drink, watch others get heated if the system don’t work, chat to my Uttoxeter buddies,( as they spend far longer in the concourse) go toilet and get back in my seat at least a minute after the second half starts..... Forest match excluded.

Some people get far too excitable over nothing. ?

Archived