Your prediction for top 3 for goals and assists

RamsSong

Self explanatory: predict who and how many. Will check back at the end of the season to see who was the most accurate predictor. (Playoffs count for totals, if we get there)

Top Scorers

1 - Marriott - 17 goals

2 - Nugent - 10 goals

3 - Mount 7 goals

Top Assists 

1 - Mount 11 assists

2 - Lawrence 8 assists

3 - Jozefzoon 6 assists

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RamsSong said:

Self explanatory: predict who and how many. Will check back at the end of the season to see who was the most accurate predictor. (Playoffs count for totals, if we get there)

Top Scorers

1 - Marriott - 17 goals

2 - Nugent - 10 goals

3 - Mount 7 goals

Top Assists 

1 - Mount 11 assists

2 - Lawrence 8 assists

3 - Jozefzoon 6 assists

If our top 3 scorers only muster 34 goals between em with 3 rd getting only 7. It’s gonna be a tough season unless the rest of the team get 5-6 each and none of our defenders look like getting more than the odd one each. I would suggest you have us scoring 50-55 goals max, which will spell trouble, unless we don’t let any in?

34 minutes ago, Doodle said:

If our top 3 scorers only muster 34 goals between em with 3 rd getting only 7. It’s gonna be a tough season unless the rest of the team get 5-6 each and none of our defenders look like getting more than the odd one each. I would suggest you have us scoring 50-55 goals max, which will spell trouble, unless we don’t let any in?

Disagree if you think we’d struggle with 34 goals from the top 3 players. We got to the playoff semi final with the following totalling 35 goals: 

Goals: Vydra 21 Nugent 9 Jerome 6 

Assists: Lawrence 7 Weimann 6 Johnson 5

1 hour ago, RamsSong said:

Disagree if you think we’d struggle with 34 goals from the top 3 players. We got to the playoff semi final with the following totalling 35 goals: 

Goals: Vydra 21 Nugent 9 Jerome 6 

Assists: Lawrence 7 Weimann 6 Johnson 5

It’s folly to compare this season to last. We had a dinosaur of a manager who insisted on playing 2 defensive midfielders in front of a back four, who were not encouraged to go forward, for the vast majority of the season. So 36 goals with 4 attacking players is good. This season we are playing 1 CDM with our full backs encouraged to join in attacks thus 2 more attacking players on average for most of the time. We should therefore score lots more with our front 3 not LESS. Also with 2 less defensive minded players, it’s logical to expect us to let in a few more goals. Couple this with a far stronger championship this season than last, so we will struggle if we score less. Not in respect of relegation but to make much impact on the top 10

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Top Scorers

1 - Marriott - 25 goals

2 - Mount - 12 goals

3 - Wilson 11 goals

Top Assists 

1 - Wilson 14 assists

2 - Lawrence 10 assists

3 - Mount 9 assists

Hope you’re right, that’s promotion chasing form 

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, RamsSong said:

Top Scorers

1 - Marriott - 17 goals

2 - Nugent - 10 goals

3 - Mount 7 goals

Top Assists 

1 - Mount 11 assists

2 - Lawrence 8 assists

3 - Jozefzoon 6 assists

Atm I don't know who will be amongst our forward options. Vydra and jerome were  our leading scorers last year and they are still at the club. Would  expect Wilson to score 10 or more. Really we have so many options for third top scorer there are so many candidates.  Bryson got 16 in one year remember. Johnson got 19 for norwich . Vydra 21 last year. Marriott 33 but at a lower level. So if they all reached maximum potential we would be getting hatfuls of goals. I expect Marriott to be our top scorer but to share goals with our other forward options whatever those will be. 

3 hours ago, Doodle said:

It’s folly to compare this season to last. We had a dinosaur of a manager who insisted on playing 2 defensive midfielders in front of a back four, who were not encouraged to go forward, for the vast majority of the season. So 36 goals with 4 attacking players is good. This season we are playing 1 CDM with our full backs encouraged to join in attacks thus 2 more attacking players on average for most of the time. We should therefore score lots more with our front 3 not LESS. Also with 2 less defensive minded players, it’s logical to expect us to let in a few more goals. Couple this with a far stronger championship this season than last, so we will struggle if we score less. Not in respect of relegation but to make much impact on the top 10

Completely disagree. I think under Rowett by playing 2 defensive midfielders that put even more pressure on the need for goals from the front 4. 

By having two holding mids we relied upon and needed goals from ST (Nugent/Jerome) and CF(Vydra).

I think your point about having 2 attacking CM’s Bryson/Mount and the fullbacks bombing on should lead to more chances is spot on, definitely agree. However I think that your belief this will lead to more goals from the front 3 is flawed. I actually think it will lead to more goals coming from elsewhere such as the 2 attacking mids or the fullbacks you mention, therefore reducing the number and reliance of goals from just the top 3. 

Archived