Your prediction for top 3 for goals and assists

RamsSong

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goals: Marriott - 15, Mount - 12, Nugent - 10

Assists - Mount - 15, Lawrence - 12, Jozefzoon - 6

I also think Lawrence Bryson and Wilson will join Nuge on 10! 

Goals will be a plenty, we scored 70 last season, Think we will challenge the goals scored in both seasons of Mac 1. How many we concede will determine how well we end up doing. We seem to be playing a much more expansive game which makes conceding somewhat inevitable 

11 minutes ago, sage said:

None from Vydra? ? 

How can I predict the performance of a player whose future at the club is still very much unclear?

These predictions were obviously made with the thought that Vydra is still likely to be sold or remain frozen out.

If Vydra stays, has Frank’s support, and finds his way back into the team, then obviously it’d be different...

Vydra 20

Mount 12

Jozefzoon 10

...and the rest.

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

If pre-season can be considered a genuine indication of what’s to come, then I think we could well be on for 80+ goals this season 

Which is a lot! Wolves got 82 last season and if our top 3 scored 41 between them like you predicted, that would indicate 90+ goals...not sure that’s been done before or not.

8 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Which is a lot! Wolves got 82 last season and if our top 3 scored 41 between them like you predicted, that would indicate 90+ goals...not sure that’s been done before or not.

Not necessarily, I don’t think. By the looks of it, under Lampard we will play in a way which will create a quite clear definition between players that get into goal-scoring positions, and those that don’t. I can see Marriott, Wilson, Lawrence, Mount and any who come on in their place getting goals, but most other players seem to be in purely supporting roles. Ledley is a ball winner. Bryson transitions play from back to front and hassles defenders. I think Frank has his goalscorers in mind and is going to play to suit them.

Hopefully I’m right, because if I am, we’re in the big time ? 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not necessarily, I don’t think. By the looks of it, under Lampard we will play in a way which will create a quite clear definition between players that get into goal-scoring positions, and those that don’t. I can see Marriott, Wilson, Lawrence, Mount and any who come on in their place getting goals, but most other players seem to be in purely supporting roles. Ledley is a ball winner. Bryson transitions play from back to front and hassles defenders. I think Frank has his goalscorers in mind and is going to play to suit them.

Hopefully I’m right, because if I am, we’re in the big time ? 

I do agree with you to an extent about the style, but look at my earlier post in the thread - the top 3 player for each clubs combined’s score rallies tended to account for less than half a team’s total goals scored, regardless of style of play.

So basically, 41 goals between our top 3 should create at least 80 goals, even if they got a disproportionate amount of goals for the side. That’s just how the maths of the Championship works.

We saw that from Burton Albion as well was Cardiff - hardly teams playing swashbuckling football all over the pitch!

Archived