Squad Numbers 18/19

RamFan13

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

There's reading too much into squad numbers and then there's seeing a player who has been No.9 for god-knows-how-long suddenly shifted to 19. That's not an accident. There's something behind it. Will be interesting to find out whether it's...

A) Because Martin is on the way out or

B) Because Lampard has got another striker lined up who he wants to make his No.9 Of course, it could also be...

C) Both of the above.

Or

D) None of the above.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Carnero said:

Or

D) None of the above.

So it's for the sake of change, is it? Fancied a bit of a mix-up so they've decided to strip him of the 9 shirt after however-many years? Or perhaps...

*takes on the form of Richard Keys*

...it's just banter

23 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Very funny ,but being serious 10 should have been retired when Kevin Hector packed up.

King Charlie was a credible recipient of the number but I take your point, nobody’s come close to what he achieved. I think the club ought to commemorate him in some form or another. 

57 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

So it's for the sake of change, is it? Fancied a bit of a mix-up so they've decided to strip him of the 9 shirt after however-many years? Or perhaps...

or perhaps, why not for a change because of superstition? Heard a quote early from Frankie saying he was superstitious, maybe Martin is looking for a change of luck as @Carnero says.

Re number 6 what is the John Terry situation - has he been released by Villa yet? 

Yes agree with all - re number 9. All very odd. If you get a hatfull of goals surely you are in with a shout of making 9 your own ??

(Even if the manager changes?)

4 hours ago, Err ram io said:

Re number 6 what is the John Terry situation - has he been released by Villa yet? 

Yes agree with all - re number 9. All very odd. If you get a hatfull of goals surely you are in with a shout of making 9 your own ??

(Even if the manager changes?)

Number 6 is still Keogh.

Terry left Villa in May so thankfully I don’t think we’ll see him join in the next 6 days. 

18 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Any chatter around the office (training/stadium?) about Martin, his squad number, this rumoured illness etc? Not much has come out of the club about him and the QPR links seems to have gone quiet. Just wondered if you'd heard anything and you were allowed to say?

Not really mate, no real insight I can offer on this one. 

I sometimes wonder whether folk get too carried away and read too much in to squad numbers.

McClaren & Eustace watched the u23s game last week. I suspect other clubs will look to do late deals with Derby, trying to get a bargain.

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

Huddlestone 44? Does this effectively mean he is on his bike to Stoke or is it his chest measurement?

4 + 4 = 8 (Quick Maffs)

His preferred number is 8 so that's why they gave him that. Likewise with Curtis 33 as 3 + 3 = 6 

Archived