Favourite comedian.

Boycie

Loving the love for Stewart Lee om here. Think I've seen him about 10 times now and he's on a different level. Think I saw that bbc have a full show from his recent tour next week.

Still love his old partner Richard Herring too. I think they both derserve a cash-in reunion gig at the O2, which is one big whole pss take out of those huge mega shows that cost a fortune to watch a big screen.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Stewart Lee’s Content Provider is on the Beeb this Sunday, and l read somewhere recently that all 24 of his Comedy Vehicle episodes are currently available on BBC iPlayer.  He’s no Lee Mack.

My fave is probably the one where he is not bothered about graham norton beating him to that comedy award.

34 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

My fave is probably the one where he is not bothered about graham norton beating him to that comedy award.

Very funny, and also his businesses in Crapstone and Shitterton.  I said earlier his bbc show was on Sunday - l think now it might be Saturday at 10.45. Worth a watch at sometime @Lambchop

27 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Very funny, and also his businesses in Crapstone and Shitterton.  I said earlier his bbc show was on Sunday - l think now it might be Saturday at 10.45. Worth a watch at sometime @Lambchop

Some really good brexit stuff on that winding up both the 'racist' leavers and the 'elite' remainers too. There's a great line about brexit coming as a real shock to him and all his friends at the vegan cafe in east London.

Seeing how many folk enjoy Stewart Lee, I think Daniel Kitson is a solid recommendation for you all. 

He doesn't do any TV (other than playing someone in Phoenix Nights and thoroughly regretting it), there's the odd old bit on youtube, but if you are the types to see live comedy and you see his name pop up on the schedule I fully endorse going to see him.

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

That's the first thing I watched, just trawling through YouTube to see why so many people liked him. I'm not that impressed with atand up generally, but he's on another level. I shall have to obsessively watch all of it now. 

Just now, Lambchop said:

That's the first thing I watched, just trawling through YouTube to see why so many people liked him. I'm not that impressed with atand up generally, but he's on another level. I shall have to obsessively watch all of it now. 

His bit about Clarkson/Hammond/Top Gear was a brilliant observation about where people draw different lines over what is funny and what is offensive

Don’t know much about Stewart lee, but I watched that and liked it. 

I used to like Fist of Fun. I can’t remeber anything specific, but something about crows. But I remeber I liked it. 

Mans didn’t they do the Mary whitehouse experience? That was a long time ago, but was it David baddiel doing the guy with the naturally sarcastic voice. That was funny. 

The trouble with stand up is if they're not really really really funny - then it's terrible. Even if they're quite funny- it's just embarrassing to watch.

Micky Flanagan is brilliant - and I hate to admit it but i find Michael McIntyre really funny too! I realise that doesn't make me cool.

5 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I used to like Fist of Fun. I can’t remeber anything specific, but something about crows. But I remeber I liked it. 

Mans didn’t they do the Mary whitehouse experience? That was a long time ago, but was it David baddiel doing the guy with the naturally sarcastic voice. That was funny. 

It was Newman and baddiel on the Mary whitehouse experienced. Give me a break, I was only 8, my memories are a bit scrambled. 

Fist of fun was definitely lee and herring though. That was funny. They both were. 

Ah, the 90s. How I miss ye. I’m off to watch some old YouTube clips of aljosa asanovic and Stefanie Eranio. 

6 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

The crows (Histor's Eye) was This Morning With Richard And Not Judy. The last episode is ridiculous. They knew the show wasn't getting renewed by this time, so were just pissing about. It's literally Stew saying the word egg repeatedly for three minutes.

6 hours ago, Anon said:

The crows (Histor's Eye) was This Morning With Richard And Not Judy. The last episode is ridiculous. They knew the show wasn't getting renewed by this time, so were just pissing about. It's literally Stew saying the word egg repeatedly for three minutes.

Egg, like a bird’s egg!

On 23/07/2018 at 20:35, i-Ram said:

Stewart Lee’s Content Provider is on the Beeb this Sunday, and l read somewhere recently that all 24 of his Comedy Vehicle episodes are currently available on BBC iPlayer.  He’s no Lee Mack.

It’s on Saturday 4th now annoyingly!

Archived