Mason Bennett

Ellafella

Some young players have constant injury problems associated with the way in which young men grow. Once their body's have settled down they can then develop and achieve their potential ..This would seem to be what has happened to Mason......... and similarly Max Lowe.       Stevie Gerrard had big back problems in his late teens  but Liverpool managed them well for him.   

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Some young players have constant injury problems associated with the way in which young men grow. Once their body's have settled down they can then develop and achieve their potential ..This would seem to be what has happened to Mason......... and similarly Max Lowe.       Stevie Gerrard had big back problems in his late teens  but Liverpool managed them well for him.   

Thought that said big dick problem 

55 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Spot on - Gerrard was still getting taller at 20 apparently and hams and groins (amongst other things) can struggle to keep pace with the growth spurts. I think this might explain the apparent fragility of the Likes of Lowe, Vernam and Elsnik as well as young Mason. Patience is key but is has to be selective. If the young'uns have the technical abilities, then game performances when hampered by niggles are not necessarily long term impediments. If they haven't developed the technical abilities required for a Championship player, then that's far more of an issue. Against a £36M wage bill we can afford to be patient with the kids as their wages are marginal compared to the older brigade. Put simply, one decent injury-free season and the investments made can be dwarfed by the new sales values. It's a risk scenario worth taking IMO.

3 hours ago, David said:

Wikipedia has him down as playing 69 League games and 22 for England so I'm not sure where you pulled 80 from.

Let's break down those 69 games.

35 Championship Games

27 League One Games

7 League Two Games

But, let's look at minutes on the pitch rather than the raw he played, chalk another game up for the lad stat.

756mins Championship

985mins League One

207mins League Two

Which in game time =

8.4 Championship Games

10.9 League One Games

2.3 League Two Games

So in game time, Mason Bennett has played a total of 21.6 games at senior level scoring 4 goals. A goal every 487 minutes he has been on the pitch which is 1 in 5. Not great, but what you need to remember is he has not had a consistent run of games, these minutes have come in over 7 years since turning 15 and he's not always played up front. 

The Premier League 2 we have more data to look at since it was formed, 40 games, 3190 minutes which = 35.4 games and 12 goals. A goal every 265 minutes which is 1 in 3 just about.

And that my Swiss, French, Americano friend with a pool is #stats

all very good stats well done..

apart from one error....he has made 80 appearances...not 69....so that makes your stats not quite as "impressive" as 1 in 5.....(Conor Sammon has a similar record to put it in perspective.....

But thanks for showing your working out, you get at least an extra mark for that David.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

apart from one error....he has made 80 appearances...not 69....so that makes your stats not quite as "impressive" as 1 in 5.....(Conor Sammon has a similar record to put it in perspective.....

But thanks for showing your working out, you get at least an extra mark for that David.

Where are you getting this 80 from? I'm sure you said Wiki somewhere but that can't be true.

35+5+11+16+2=69

And as shown this means nothing when you look into those numbers deeper.

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 12.23.12.png

11 minutes ago, David said:

Where are you getting this 80 from? I'm sure you said Wiki somewhere but that can't be true.

35+5+11+16+2=69

And as shown this means nothing when you look into those numbers deeper.

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 12.23.12.png

Scroll down. Totals under career stats. 

You missed off his 2 goals in 11 cup games

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Scroll down. Totals under career stats. 

You missed off his 2 goals in 11 cup games

Ahh. The other column shows 3 games, I'm guessing thats the EFL Trophy but Transfermarkt shows 4 games in that.

Mason in the FA Cup

17/18 - 9 minutes v Man Utd in the 3rd Round
13/14 - 20 minutes v Chelsea in the 3rd Round
12/13 - 6 minutes v Tranmere Rovers in the 3rd Round, scored a goal

Mason in the League Cup

17/18 - 75 minutes v Grimsby Town in the 1st Round
17/18 - 81 minutes v Barnsley in the 2nd Round, scored a goal
14/15 - 65 minutes for Bradford v MK Dons
13/14 - 12 minutes v Brentford in the 2nd Round
12/13 - 33 minutes v Scunthorpe in the 1st Round

Total of 301 minutes in the cup, which is 3.3 games

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

"Well everyone knows stats are just nonsense because they don't support my opinion" - Well done again...

1 in 5 might not be stellar for a forward but it's okay for a winger - Which is where Bennett has had most of his sporadic appearances

Plus he's 3 for 3 in pre-season now sooooooooooooo

26 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

"Well everyone knows stats are just nonsense because they don't support my opinion" - Well done again...

1 in 5 might not be stellar for a forward but it's okay for a winger - Which is where Bennett has had most of his sporadic appearances

Plus he's 3 for 3 in pre-season now sooooooooooooo

Ohhh pre season...a really good barometer as to what the season is going to hold...

watch out Man City because after winning 22-0 obviously Everton are going to win the league with Kevin Mirralas scoring 5 goals every game....

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Ohhh pre season...a really good barometer as to what the season is going to hold...

watch out Man City because after winning 22-0 obviously Everton are going to win the league with Kevin Mirralas scoring 5 goals every game....

The drawn out soooooooooo was an indication of facetiousness

You are a real grumpy goober aren't you? Someone needs to buy you a Fab ice lolly - That'll cheer you up

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

The drawn out soooooooooo was an indication of facetiousness

You are a real grumpy goober aren't you? Someone needs to buy you a Fab ice lolly - That'll cheer you up

I am the happiest most optimistic person you could ever possibly imagine actually.....

and for the record I would love it if Bennett scored 45 goals this season as we cruised to the title, I think I could even take Liverpool actually winning something if that happened.....oh wait a minute...that's just fantasy talk..

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

I am the happiest most optimistic person you could ever possibly imagine actually.....

and for the record I would love it if Bennett scored 45 goals this season as we cruised to the title, I think I could even take Liverpool actually winning something if that happened.....oh wait a minute...that's just fantasy talk..

Well the first sentences is clearly fantasy talk.

the second is still a possibility! 

Mason has all the attributes to be a good player.. don't understand the stick tbh.. people forget he's still so young.

Can deffo play a part this season even if it's not a key 1st teamer.

He's the sort of player that needs first team game time to actually see if he can affect games.

5 minutes ago, northantsram said:

Mason has all the attributes to be a good player.. don't understand the stick tbh.. people forget he's still so young.

Can deffo play a part this season even if it's not a key 1st teamer.

He's the sort of player that needs first team game time to actually see if he can affect games.

I think one of the issues is that he isn't young....he is 22 and still hasn't made any impact at all

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I think one of the issues is that he isn't young....he is 22 and still hasn't made any impact at all

I do agree that he hasn't made enough of an impact I think injurys have hampered him aswell.

But at 22 he's deffo still got time on his side, I would say this season would probably be his last opportunity before he gets moved on if he doesn't produce the goods.

Archived