Mason Bennett

Ellafella

I know its pre-season and by no means am I getting carried away but Mason looks like he's worked really hard to get into shape and made all the right noises for Lamps and Jody to consider him for the 1st team squad and no longer a bit part.

do you guys think Mason can be an attacking option for us down the middle? With the idea being we want a striker to be full of energy and pace to set the tone for the closing down when we don't have the ball. Do we think MB can stake a claim? 

He's showed he's got an eye for goal (albeit a few tap ins) and his fave position is down the middle while we've deployed him down the middle. 

What do you all reckon? 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CHCDerby said:

3 goals in 3 games, are you being serious.

At this moment in time, he should make the squad of 18 IMO. 

You can tell he's knuckled down and he deserves his chance that I think Frank will give him.

You could use the 3 goals in 3 games stat if you want from meaningless pre season friendlies-against reserve teams ...I will use the rather more meaningful 6 goals in 80 games throughout his whole career. 

He gets away with so much because he is a “derby lad” 

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

You could use the 3 goals in 3 games stat if you want from meaningless pre season friendlies-against reserve teams ...I will use the rather more meaningful 6 goals in 80 games throughout his whole career. 

Rubbish. You can only go by what you see now and he looks the best he has, ever.

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He's scored 8 goals in his last 28 games, all competitions. 

24 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Like i said, went through it in length, in that Jack Marriott thread, ain’t doing it again, but my view has bugger all to do with joe many goals he’s scored this summer, over various loan spells or where he was born.

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He's scored 8 goals in his last 28 games, all competitions. 

I work with a number of Notts County fans, 1 goal and 1 assist in 2 games. They were gutted he got injured. 

But his stats don’t look good as he was sent out on loan at 17 and struggled, so he’s rubbish.

I don't see any reason to farm the lad out again. I think he's probably already shown he can be a squad player and has hinted at something rather more in recent starts. He can't be costing us much and I've a hunch that he might just show us this season that he can be a proper handful when fit and in-form. He seems pretty adaptable as well and Frank seems to like him, so I'd be firmly in the 'keep' camp.

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Imagine if we had signed some journeyman striker who has only scored 6 goals in 80 appearances..... even Nick Blackman has a better record than that..!! 

image.thumb.png.c02c7bd8c54ca6df852aa8f1b42bd42a.png

You must have missed it.

On 16/07/2018 at 18:23, Ellafella said:

All very good points. In a way MB has been a victim of his own success; my point about his physique is that perhaps his proclivity to be injured is understandable given his age {Will Hughes, Max Lowe have had similar “spells”} but now he’s 22 maybe he’s at the point where his body has habituated to the extreme rigours and demands of men’s football. 

But the point is: we are all desperately awaiting “signings” to signal intent from the Club, as is the norm, but we should definitely not overlook Mason: I admit I had almost written him off yet I think he looks like he may be on the threshold and should be given the chance he has worked so hard for. 

And great to hear that Hudd has been a  great mentor of late to Mason: the fact that Mason has a fellow black player who has made it to the very highest level is a great motivator without doubt. 

Fellow black player? Could it not be more that he is a fellow local lad who has come through the derby academy and been highly successful? 

Does bennet state that he is inspired because he is a fellow black player?

54 minutes ago, archied said:

Fellow black player? Could it not be more that he is a fellow local lad who has come through the derby academy and been highly successful? 

Does bennet state that he is inspired because he is a fellow black player?

yes...see my earlier responses on this point please @archied

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Imagine if we had signed some journeyman striker who has only scored 6 goals in 80 appearances..... even Nick Blackman has a better record than that..!! 

Just out of curiosity, do you rate ANY of our players? 

And plus he always give 100 percent and shows his passion for derby shirt.

I spotted this when first broke into the team and has pace to burn. And he found his scoring boots again I back him around 20 goals mark this season.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

I spotted this when first broke into the team and has pace to burn. And he found his scoring boots again I back him around 20 goals mark this season.

He'll do well to get 20 goals from the bench 

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

20 goals hahahahaha

Archived