Mason Bennett

Ellafella

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

And plus he always give 100 percent and shows his passion for derby shirt.

I spotted this when first broke into the team and has pace to burn. And he found his scoring boots again I back him around 20 goals mark this season.

Of course you do.

Along with Mount and Wilson getting 20 each, at least 30 for Vydra (or Marriott), 20 for Luke Thomas, 20 for bryson.

The rams are on their way...

Bennett could be our ace in the pack this season.....if he stays fit!! That’s his biggest challenge. Would love to see him finally break through.

Says something that he’s still here and that Charles Vernam is moving onto Grimsby. Lots of promising youngsters don’t fulfill promise, Obviously the club think Vernam won’t make it here yet they’re willing to give Bennett the opportunity.

26 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

yes...see my earlier responses on this point please @archied

Really ? He states fellow black player? Can you post a link please Ella ,

if that’s the case then it’s really sad as footballers are seen as footballers in this country , that racism rubbish is gone in football player terms ,

now if he were talking in regards to managerial positions in football then that’s a whole different ball game that is still pretty much in the dark age and really needs examining as to the reasons and Bars on black players progressing into coaching and management in the same relative numbers as white players

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

form......temporary

class.....permanent

I'm not making a claim about his form or his class.

I'm just pointing out the stats you're posting to back up your opinion are incredibly wrong.

Just now, SaintRam said:

I'm not making a claim about his form or his class.

I'm just pointing out the stats you're posting to back up your opinion are incredibly wrong.

he has scored 6 goals in 80 appearances.....

Whatever way you look at that it is rubbish.

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

he has scored 6 goals in 80 appearances.....

Whatever way you look at that it is rubbish.

Which 80 games? He hasn't even played 80 senior games. Seems like you're just picking 74 of his appearances at random that he didn't score in, and then 6 others in which he did to just make poo up.

Also, from 2015 to 2017 Matej Vydra scored 8 goals in 64 league games. Not much better. We should get rid.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Which 80 games? He hasn't even played 80 senior games. Seems like you're just picking 74 of his appearances at random that he didn't score in, and then 6 others in which he did to just make poo up.

Also, from 2015 to 2017 Matej Vydra scored 8 goals in 64 league games. Not much better. We should get rid.

Sorry I just taking the figures off Wikipedia....the same Wikipedia that has Vyrda as scoring 30 goals from 2015- 2017 too....

Obviously cant be trusted.

Bennett is a striker, if we are to go anywhere near the play offs our striker needs to be getting at least 20 goals...on his current run that would mean next season would have to be 267 games long for him to hit that...

12 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

According to wikki he has made 80 appearances L 2 upwards and FA/FL cups.

He's scored three times for dcfc. 1 league goal and 2 in the fa cup.

Six goals overall.

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Bennett is a striker, if we are to go anywhere near the play offs our striker needs to be getting at least 20 goals...on his current run that would mean next season would have to be 267 games long for him to hit that...

How many of the top 6 had a striker who scored that many last season?

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Sorry I just taking the figures off Wikipedia....the same Wikipedia that has Vyrda as scoring 30 goals from 2015- 2017 too....

Obviously cant be trusted.

Wikipedia has both of Vydra's seasons with us under one stat. The season before last (that ended in 2017) he scored 5 goals in 33 appearances.

In 2015/16 he scored 3 goals in 31 appearances for Reading.

Bennett is a poacher and he's never played in a team that regularly puts the ball in the box. Notts County did, hence his 1 goal and 1 assist in 2 games before he got his unlucky injury.

I'm by no means saying start him - I'm not sure any folk are. But he's got talent. Holding past statistics against any player is dangerous, but when the majority of said statistics are from a run in the first team when he was far too young its even more dangerous. He's a perfectly acceptable backup. 

5 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

According to wikki he has made 80 appearances L 2 upwards and FA/FL cups.

He's scored three times for dcfc. 1 league goal and 2 in the fa cup.

Six goals overall.

Aye - I realise I was missing his appearances from 11/12 and 12/13 - when he was far too young, mind. I think he was too young in 13/14 too, but Clough was bloody determined. 

Archived