Things you are good at!

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flicking rubber bands. I can hit pretty much anything within range, and was my school champion for 1976 and 1977. 

I can also lob screwed up paper into a bin from just about anywhere in a room without even looking; it's like a sixth sense.

42 minutes ago, sage said:

What do you do and in what way do you excel?

That's a hard question to answer without getting bogged down in detail that wouldn't mean much to someone who doesn't do the same role, at the same company.

The job is 90% repetition, but I'm always looking for ways to shave even 10ths of a second off the previous time the job took, through improvement in process or organisation, just because that pleases me personally.

I have colleagues who've told me in the past to slow down, because the boss will start expecting the same effort everytime, but I don't buy that mindset, and I watch them deliberately slow down when put under the slightest pressure to produce, so they won't be asked again!

I've never got that attitude, work brings its own rewards I find, do well by your employer and they'll tend to do right by you.

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, sage said:

Why are you so down in the dumps?

I refuse to get drawn into this pun fest.

Not my career but.....Must be good as a taxi driver as I seem to spend hours doing it for kids.

My wife says is very good at finding me jobs to do. Whilst I have a special talent for sitting on my bum and watching he work........apparently!

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, PrivateDerby said:

The puns have wheelie bin bad recently.

I think they have been garbage too.

On 05/07/2018 at 22:48, reveldevil said:

That's a hard question to answer without getting bogged down in detail that wouldn't mean much to someone who doesn't do the same role, at the same company.

The job is 90% repetition, but I'm always looking for ways to shave even 10ths of a second off the previous time the job took, through improvement in process or organisation, just because that pleases me personally.

I have colleagues who've told me in the past to slow down, because the boss will start expecting the same effort everytime, but I don't buy that mindset, and I watch them deliberately slow down when put under the slightest pressure to produce, so they won't be asked again!

I've never got that attitude, work brings its own rewards I find, do well by your employer and they'll tend to do right by you.

Or, as I found, take advantage of you.

Archived