New formations lampard might try

B4ev6is

I wander if hr might try 352 formation or 434 it will be instreating to ser what he goes for I wander if put a pacey striker upfront leading the lane. Or will he go for a target man upfront.

What do you guys think he might try.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-3-4 is 1 too many men B4. Guessing you meant 4-3-3 mate? 

With Jody Morris coming in and them spending the past half a year or so together at Chelsea's u23s, I could see them just continuing with the formations they had success with there. They switched between a 4-2-3-1 and a 3-4-3 system similar to Chelsea's senior team. So something like these (ignore the fantasy signings I've included):

Carson

Wisdom - Keogh - Davies - Dasliva

Huddlestone - Mount

Holmes - Maddison - Lawrence

Marriot

Carson

Wisdom - Davies - Keogh

Tavernier - Huddlestone - Mount - Dasilva

Reid - Lawrence

Abraham

20 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I wander if hr might try 352 formation or 434 it will be instreating to ser what he goes for I wander if put a pacey striker upfront leading the lane. Or will he go for a target man upfront.

What do you guys think he might try.

You want at least 2 ball playing central defenders to play 3 at the back.

Or at least full backs who are comfortable in posession and can also defend.

Likewise if you want to play 4-2-3-1 you need Full backs who really push on, if you are going to play 2 holding midfielders.

The main reason the 3 at the back worked for Derby late last season, isnt because of an extra defensive numbers, its because it allowed the full backs to play as wing backs. Before GR made the change, he had 2 holding midfielders, and 2 full backs which didnt get forward. He also had the wide forwards always wanting to come inside with no full/wing backs overlapping... and thus we had no width in an attacking sense at all. 

I always fancied 3-3-3-1

its sort of what England are doing isn't it?

.                   Pickford

walker.  Stones.   Maguire

Trippier.    Henderson.       Young

Loftus-cheek. Lingaard.   Stirling

.                       Kane

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

Before GR made the change, he had 2 holding midfielders, and 2 full backs which didnt get forward. He also had the wide forwards always wanting to come inside with no full/wing backs overlapping... and thus we had no width in an attacking sense at all. 

Yeah but we weren't interested in having the ball or attacking. Both were apparently very over-rated.

refreshing to hear FL talking about a possession based game / controlling the game.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I always fancied 3-3-3-1

its sort of what England are doing isn't it?

.                   Pickford

walker.  Stones.   Maguire

Trippier.    Henderson.       Young

Loftus-cheek. Lingaard.   Stirling

.                       Kane

Are you a Mike Bassett disciple ?

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

With Jody Morris coming in and them spending the past half a year or so together at Chelsea's u23s, I could see them just continuing with the formations they had success with there. They switched between a 4-2-3-1 and a 3-4-3 system similar to Chelsea's senior team. So something like these (ignore the fantasy signings I've included):

Carson

Huddlestone - Mount

Marriot

Carson

Wisdom - Davies - Keogh

Reid - Lawrence

Abraham

Da Sliva? He’s the Stoke manager!

3 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Carson

Huddlestone - Mount

Marriot

Carson

Wisdom - Davies - Keogh

Reid - Lawrence

Abraham

Do I have to ignore these fantasy signings? Can’t we just sign them?! ?

A 3-5-2 based on what we currently have in the squad(discounting Vydra as he’s likely to be sold)-similar to England’s formation

Carson

Wisdom   Davies    Keogh

Bogle               Huddlestone          Lowe

Elsnik           Bryson/Jonno

Lawrence    

Jerome

It’s not perfect, but it would ensure that we wouldn’t get dominated in the midfield and has the added protection at the back because Bogle and Lowe may be naive defensively but can showcase their skills offensively.

39 minutes ago, McLovin said:

A 3-5-2 based on what we currently have in the squad(discounting Vydra as he’s likely to be sold)-similar to England’s formation

Carson

Wisdom   Davies    Keogh

Bogle               Huddlestone          Lowe

Elsnik           Bryson/Jonno

Lawrence    

Jerome

It’s not perfect, but it would ensure that we wouldn’t get dominated in the midfield and has the added protection at the back because Bogle and Lowe may be naive defensively but can showcase their skills offensively.

If that's our team next season then I'm going home and I'm taking my ball.

I'd like to see a tight front three - Play a target man with two guys in behind who are given total free-reign to do what they want - Essentially play two number 10s - If the Palmer rumours are true I'd be tempted to try:

3-2-2-2-1 

Three CBs, Wing backs for width, a solid tackler in CM along with a ball player, two central AMs with total freedom, target man

Or

4-1-2-2-1

Stable back line, dominant DM who can drop into CB when full-backs drift up, CMs who are runners and can help out wide, two central AMs with total freedom, target man

Archived