What happens if Frank doesn’t play Chris Martin

Curtains

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he doesn’t play chris Martin then he’s probably made the call most would expect. He’s been out of form and struggling for a while now, Frankly it would be a greater risk to rely on him than replace him at this stage. But if he does play him then evidently he’s seen something in training to suggest he can manage what he did a few years back. Tbh I don’t have any inclinations either way I’m Martin so frankly I don’t give a damn.

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

You can’t afford high earners not playing at DCFC 

Why?

Every member of the squad who isn't a youth team player is a high earner at Derby County. Unless you are suggesting we are going to be starting with more than 11 players on the pitch?

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Why?

Every member of the squad who isn't a youth team player is a high earner at Derby County. Unless you are suggesting we are going to be starting with more than 11 players on the pitch?

Which high earners are not going to play next season then now we have lost Bent and Baird and Shackell and sold Hughes and Ince. 

Most of the high earners left will play as should Martin unless we sell or loan him out assuming Vydra is sold. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Which high earners are not going to play next season then now we have lost Bent and Baird and Shackell and sold Hughes and Ince. 

Most of the high earners left will play as should Martin unless we sell or loan him out assuming Vydra is sold. 

Well that's not quite true.

I'd imagine that Ledley Huddlestone Carson, Wisdom, Thorne, Forsyth, Weimann, Bryson, Davies, Keogh and Lawrence are on high wages. So we haven't gotten rid of most of them at all really.

1 minute ago, Mr Giggles said:

Well that's not quite true.

I'd imagine that Ledley Huddlestone Carson, Wisdom, Thorne, Forsyth, Weimann, Bryson, Davies, Keogh and Lawrence are on high wages. So we haven't gotten rid of most of them at all really.

You missed out Butterfield and I missed out we sold Christie. 

Point im making is was it a mistake to bring back Chris Martin and if it wasn’t surely Frank needs to look at playing him if Vydra is sold. 

The high earners are not going to disappear overnight so they will play I would imagine. 

If it comes down to style of play then I hope Frank can get the best out of players like Martin and Bryson and Butterfield. 

1 hour ago, Mr Giggles said:

Deals off pal, been offered a bacon sarnie a week at forest to try and fill those empty seats

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

It'll be turkey bacon, without bread after a mysterious fire at the local bakery.

Archived