What happens if Frank doesn’t play Chris Martin

Curtains

30 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well, he was definitely at the game yesterday. I saw a photo of him on Twitter!

Was it the photo of him flailing his arms around and complaining the queue for the burger bar was taking too long? Or maybe that one was another fabrication by one of his haters.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Was it the photo of him flailing his arms around and complaining the queue for the burger bar was taking too long? Or maybe that one was another fabrication by one of his haters.

No burgers in sight. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

For goodness sake how can he be in the team when he's either not here or injured? Logic not your strong suit?

He was shipped out to reading last season so clearly Rowett didn't fancy him for the play-off push. If Frank Lampard fancied him he wouldn't be looking at Jack Marriott, Tammy Abraham etc. The fact that he is injured once again doesn't augur well for his chances this season and £30k per week for a bench warmer is expensive.

8 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

He was shipped out to reading last season so clearly Rowett didn't fancy him for the play-off push. If Frank Lampard fancied him he wouldn't be looking at Jack Marriott, Tammy Abraham etc. The fact that he is injured once again doesn't augur well for his chances this season and £30k per week for a bench warmer is expensive.

A.) How do you know how much wages he's on? Pretty sure the club never disclosed them.

B.) If Lampard is looking at Marriott/Abraham it is because he wants to play high press, but Martin is a good secondary option to play in a different way.

C.) Who gives a poo about Rowett's opinion.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

A.) How do you know how much wages he's on? Pretty sure the club never disclosed them.

B.) If Lampard is looking at Marriott/Abraham it is because he wants to play high press, but Martin is a good secondary option to play in a different way.

Quite,I wouldn't trust him to boil an egg.

And that view was reinforced by sending out Bryson and Martin and managing to get the rest of team to perform like Sunday league players.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

1 £30 k is what he asked for when his contract was renewed.

2 Rowett was the manager and knows more about football then your or I. He  preferred Nugent and Jerome to Martin. In fact the only derby manager to rate Martin in recent years is Steve McClaren.

3 Why would Lampard want a hold up striker when he wants to play a fluid 4-3-3? he clearly wants pace across the forwards.

10 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

2 Rowett was the manager and knows more about football then your or I. He  preferred Nugent and Jerome to Martin. In fact the only derby manager to rate Martin in recent years is Steve McClaren.

3 Why would Lampard want a hold up striker when he wants to play a fluid 4-3-3? he clearly wants pace across the forwards.

Fook me. If rowetts opinion is a guide to anything we wouldn't be playing the fast possession based football that we are.

we wouldn't have Bryson, thomas, wilson and mount.

we would have  bouncers like bradders and jerome 

8 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

1.) Again I ask you, HOW DO YOU KNOW. You're stating things that tabloids made up, how do you know what wages he's on?

2.) Rowett was clueless. He proved it over, and over again. McClaren was a vastly better coach and manager than Rowett, I value his opinion much more than Rowett's hoofball opinion.

3.) Because it's a secondary option? Nugent and Jerome have no pace either.

Just now, Andicis said:

1.) Again I ask you, HOW DO YOU KNOW. You're stating things that tabloids made up, how do you know what wages he's on?

2.) Rowett was clueless. He proved it over, and over again. McClaren was a vastly better coach and manager than Rowett, I value his opinion much more than Rowett's hoofball opinion.

3.) Because it's a secondary option? Nugent and Jerome have no pace either.

If Martin is so good why hasn't anyone come in for him? They are hardly queueing up for his services ?

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Fook me. If rowetts opinion is a guide to anything we wouldn't be playing the fast possession based football that we are.

we wouldn't have Bryson, thomas, wilson and mount.

we would have  bouncers like bradders and jerome 

Rowett is a successful football manager. He didn't sign Johnson and Jerome has hardly been a failure. His style of play may not be pleasing to the eye but neither is Neil Warnock's style of play. it didn't prevent him from getting 8 teams promoted though.

10 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Rowett is a successful football manager. He didn't sign Johnson and Jerome has hardly been a failure. His style of play may not be pleasing to the eye but neither is Neil Warnock's style of play. it didn't prevent him from getting 8 teams promoted though.

Warnock has 8 promotions, Rowett has how many?

13 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

If Martin is so good why hasn't anyone come in for him? They are hardly queueing up for his services ?

So now you know all about the enquiries for our players then right? Since you know for a fact nobody is interested in him, right? 

There hasn't been anything in the newspaper and Reading clearly weren't interested. QPR might be. My point is that we have a number of highly paid players who haven't contributed much recently and a need to reduce the wage bill and make way for fresh blood. I just think that Chris Martin is passed his best and may suit a move.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Warnock has 8 promotions, Rowett has how many?

And your point is what? Rowett has a well paid job with Stoke which whether he is a success or not will probably see him financially secure for life. Isn't that success?

Archived