Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Maybe it's part of the £6m we were going to spunk on McClean in January? Anywho... It would be funny to see us sign him without anyone leaving. 

I imagine the Championship masses will have their piss well & truly boiled. 

I will continue to believe we're absolutely fine in terms of FFP and it's just the massive wage bill that is causing problems for Mel. We've made profit/broke even in the past couple of seasons and now suddenly FFP is an issue? If it is then we should have been fecked before we made the £10 million profit last season, not after. As you mentioned, we were able to bid a large figure for McClean just 6 months ago and it's now come straight from the Peterborough chairman's mouth that we've made multiple offers for Marriott, even with Vydra being no closer to leaving. And I really can't see Mel going for the Villa/QPR approach of ignore any possible punishments and go all out, particularly after being such a big advocate for it

PistoldPete2
48 minutes ago, David said:

Will joined Watford on the 24th June, the Will Hughes Watch thread was created on the 12th August in Football Talk.

You need to get out more. 

Just now, Timdcfc said:

We’d all be massively blue balled if it was because of injury instead of anyone bidding for him ?

Wouldn't surprise me if this was Peterborough just messing about again. Pulling him from their friendly will alert interested clubs and might give them the nudge to go in for him. I mean, their chairman has talked him up so much and about how many clubs are interested, it really comes across like he's trying to start an auction. Forest signed Grabban so made them less likely to go for Marriott and Bristol City have just signed Eisa. Maybe he's panicking with there being just 2 weeks left of the window and some of the interested clubs going elsewhere

7 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Wouldn't surprise me if this was Peterborough just messing about again. Pulling him from their friendly will alert interested clubs and might give them the nudge to go in for him. I mean, their chairman has talked him up so much and about how many clubs are interested, it really comes across like he's trying to start an auction. Forest signed Grabban so made them less likely to go for Marriott and Bristol City have just signed Eisa. Maybe he's panicking with there being just 2 weeks left of the window and some of the interested clubs going elsewhere

Didn’t they do this with Maddison last season?

7 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I think he’d rather Marriott play and put him in the shop window, upping his value the more he scores in pre season. A move to somewhere must be close! Praying it’s us !

Just now, Timdcfc said:

Didn’t they do this with Maddison last season?

Not sure. They got him to sign a new deal with the guarantee that if they didn't get promoted he could leave for a fee around the £2.5 million mark I believe. Surprised he's still there to be honest 

Archived