Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 3766dan said:

I think he’d rather Marriott play and put him in the shop window, upping his value the more he scores in pre season. A move to somewhere must be close! Praying it’s us !

Marriott's already done enough to be in the shop window with his scoring last season. Scoring a couple of goals against Gainsborough wouldn't up it much at all (if any). But I'm with you, I really hope it's us. It's a big gamble because it will be a fairly large fee and he's never played at this level, but if we miss out on him I really can't think of many other options to go for instead apart from Abraham on loan

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Marriott's already done enough to be in the shop window with his scoring last season. Scoring a couple of goals against Gainsborough wouldn't up it much at all (if any). But I'm with you, I really hope it's us. It's a big gamble because it will be a fairly large fee and he's never played at this level, but if we miss out on him I really can't think of many other options to go for instead apart from Abraham on loan

I agree, this particular game won’t mean much but if he continues to bag goals for fun in Pre season it might be a persuading factor for someone to get him over the line. I agree he’s not proven at this level but with the personnel he’s going to have around him at derby I don’t think he’d find it difficult to take his chances. Purely based on what I’ve seen, albeit in league 1. 

4 minutes ago, superzak said:

while we have vydra i would pass on this guy and go all out for Abraham on loan

Which would be great but Abraham is holding out for a Prem team. If he’s still there towards the end of August no doubt a champ team would be looking to loan him.

regarding Marriott. Hope we sign him

12 minutes ago, superzak said:

while we have vydra i would pass on this guy and go all out for Abraham on loan

My preference too. But if we wait till the last minute to try and land Abraham we could miss out on both. 

Sounds like it's you or Leeds lads. We (Bristol C) has £2m and £3m rejected but have become tired of waiting for his valuation to come down so signed Eisa instead.

I must admit I thought Lampard was taking a poo job given your financial situation but with Mount, Wilson, Bryson staying and potentially Marriott now you've got to be pushing autos, I'll be having a few quid on it.

Archived