Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, David said:

This is what’s odd. Forest were said to be interested, again wouldn’t meet the asking price. They then sign Lewis Grabban for £5m, if it was lower than £6m they would have had the money.

Might be £5m, all down to the payment plan, maybe they want it all upfront where clubs are looking to get him on the monthly

It's less of a risk for Forest to take Grabban when he finished 2nd top scorer in the division. As for our interest, I hope we can conclude it soon. Id like the club to get in their targets as quick as possible, so we can then focus on getting rid of a few. The closer to deadline day it gets, the more desperate clubs become. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

It's less of a risk for Forest to take Grabban when he finished 2nd top scorer in the division. As for our interest, I hope we can conclude it soon. Id like the club to get in their targets as quick as possible, so we can then focus on getting rid of a few. The closer to deadline day it gets, the more desperate clubs become. 

Not sure why we would be in a better position to take a risk than Forest?

37 minutes ago, David said:

I think he is stating Grabban is less of a risk than Marriott because he’s proven himself in this division. Marriott has not 

Got to admit I’m at the mercy of better informed than myself , never seen him play but just off the clips he looks like he can finish ,then again so can vydra as can Martin come to that ,it’s all about the fee really and mangers judgment

PistoldPete2
8 hours ago, David said:

Forest needed a proven goalscorer. Grabban gives them that... We would t want another over 30 striker when we've got martin , jerome, nugent. 

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, archied said:

Got to admit I’m at the mercy of better informed than myself , never seen him play but just off the clips he looks like he can finish ,then again so can vydra as can Martin come to that ,it’s all about the fee really and mangers judgment

Agreed. 

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Forest needed a proven goalscorer. Grabban gives them that... We would t want another over 30 striker when we've got martin , jerome, nugent. 

If we’re signing another striker I don’t see us keeping all 3 of those as well. 4 strikers into 1 postion is a little heavy.

7 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Sell Jerome Blackman and Nuge. Buy marriot then that will leave us with marriot, Martin and Vydra. If a bid comes in for Martin or Vydra then sell and have Bennett as third choice pushing the others. 

Unfortunately selling players is a lot more difficult than buying.

9 hours ago, David said:

This is what’s odd. Forest were said to be interested, again wouldn’t meet the asking price. They then sign Lewis Grabban for £5m, if it was lower than £6m they would have had the money.

Might be £5m, all down to the payment plan, maybe they want it all upfront where clubs are looking to get him on the monthly

Umm good point, maybe the fee is not the issue it’s the payment terms, I know ( because it’s in the Peterborough newspaper) that they wanted the Maddison fee up front in one go.

maybe that’s the issue, MacAnthony did say we had come back (paraphrase) with various payment options rather than say we increased our bid 

40 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Sell Jerome Blackman and Nuge. Buy marriot then that will leave us with marriot, Martin and Vydra. If a bid comes in for Martin or Vydra then sell and have Bennett as third choice pushing the others. 

Then you woke up and realised no one will buy them

You'd have thought Nugent and Jerome would be easier to move on - Nugent is proven class, and there's already interest from Sheff Utd. Jerome, put himself in the shop window at the end of last season, and barring extortionate wage demands, you'd think someone would take him.

Blackman on the other hand, we'll probably have to give away and then continue to pay an element of his wages.... ?

I would keep Jerome. He is an experienced operator who still has something to offer at this level and has won promotion before. I would let Blackman and Nugent go if possible. Signing Marriott is a risk but with Vydra still at the club there are alternatives.

15 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Bare in mind that I have seen a lot more of Oliveira than I have of Marriott. Like many of here, my only knowledge of JM comes from YouTube highlight videos: a very poor place to form an opinion. YouTube could convince you that Chris Maguire was worth having a punt on. Anyway...

Oliveira can lead a line and play in a convential 4-3-3. I've seen him do it. He's much more physical than I would suspect Marriott is, and his link up play with midfielders has been very impressive. Worth remembering that, at the beginning of last season, Swansea wanted him to lead the line for them in the Premier League. It's also worth factoring in that, to my eye, Daniel Farke is perhaps the worst manager in the Championship. His tactics are so negative and dull and it's clear he doesn't get on with Oliveira. I'm certain the manager has affected his performances this season.

Also, I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that Marriott would fit into the 4-3-3 Lampard is trying to implement? To my knowledge, Posh played 4-2-3-1 for most of the season. I'd imagine Marriott would fit into a Rowett system perfectly. But this Lampard one? I'm not so sure, yet.

Perhaps Lampard's 4-3-3 will be different from McClaren's in that it wont need a big man in the No.9 position to link to the midfield. I doubt that, though.

I suspect he’ll want whoever is right up top to be able to press with high energy as the centr forward will be the trigger for the rest to press therefore meaning that his size is irrelevant ...being extremely mobile and having bundles of energy is what’s required judging by sats game and by what Frank has said...

a young Nugent would’ve been ideal but I’d guess that a big centre forward who can’t press quickly will mean it falls down 

2 hours ago, Saity said:

I suspect he’ll want whoever is right up top to be able to press with high energy as the centr forward will be the trigger for the rest to press therefore meaning that his size is irrelevant ...being extremely mobile and having bundles of energy is what’s required judging by sats game and by what Frank has said...

a young Nugent would’ve been ideal but I’d guess that a big centre forward who can’t press quickly will mean it falls down 

I hadn't thought of Oliveira. He has good experience of the Championship . However Norwich have sold a few of their better players and I guess they will have to draw a line somewhere.

I don't know much about Marriott other than he has pace, scored a lot of goals last year and a few clubs seem interested. Judging by the recent acquisitions Frank wants young legs with pace to join the older heads.

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Unfortunately selling players is a lot more difficult than buying.

Well we have sold or released five players so far this summer .. I’m sure more to come

Archived