Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God what is it with Alan Nixon and him adamant we don’t have money, we wouldn’t get Jazefrzoon in until we sold some, last few weeks derby can’t get Marriott until you’ve sold some now he’s changed his tone 

Just now, JJH said:

Sounds like it's you or Leeds lads. We (Bristol C) has £2m and £3m rejected but have become tired of waiting for his valuation to come down so signed Eisa instead.

I must admit I thought Lampard was taking a poo job given your financial situation but with Mount, Wilson, Bryson staying and potentially Marriott now you've got to be pushing autos, I'll be having a few quid on it.

Nah, that's too much pressure for Lampard in his first season. I personally (and I imagine a fair chunk of Derby fans agree) would be happy to see us top half but continuing with the style of football we've seen so far in pre-season. Plus we want to see the average age of the team come down drastically, preferably thanks to the inclusion of a few academy players. We took such a huge step back with Rowett last season. He signed a bunch of 30 + players who are good, especially for this level, but will be near impossible to make profit on should we want to sell. They're on high wages too which is making it increasingly difficult to shift any of them, but thankfully there's 9 or 10 out of contract at the end of this upcoming season so that's when Frank really gets to make the team his own. 

We have cash, always have down, I’ve said it for months. The only thing we need to do is shift players as the squad is too big and the wages we are paying too much.

we pay our bench around 150k a week with Martin, butters, Johnson, Pearce, Jerome etc. 

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

God what is it with Alan Nixon and him adamant we don’t have money, we wouldn’t get Jazefrzoon in until we sold some, last few weeks derby can’t get Marriott until you’ve sold some now he’s changed his tone 

He just never likes to admit when he's wrong. He has an answer for everything if something he reported doesn't come true, but will rub it in your face if it does. But dare question him and you're blocked and described as a fud

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Nah, that's too much pressure for Lampard in his first season. I personally (and I imagine a fair chunk of Derby fans agree) would be happy to see us top half but continuing with the style of football we've seen so far in pre-season. Plus we want to see the average age of the team come down drastically, preferably thanks to the inclusion of a few academy players. We took such a huge step back with Rowett last season. He signed a bunch of 30 + players who are good, especially for this level, but will be near impossible to make profit on should we want to sell. They're on high wages too which is making it increasingly difficult to shift any of them, but thankfully there's 9 or 10 out of contract at the end of this upcoming season so that's when Frank really gets to make the team his own. 

Definitely a change of approach, I really rate Rowett but you made the same mistakes transfer wise as you did under Clement imo, i.e big wages on ageing playing with no resale value.

Is Terry still rumoured? Seems to have gone quiet but that'd be great as well.

Chance for players like Bennett and Thomas this season as well, maybe Mitchell as well if Carson goes?

It's a step in the right direction and a similar approach to us now (having said that we did sign Weimann which goes against everything I just said).

Just now, JJH said:

Definitely a change of approach, I really rate Rowett but you made the same mistakes transfer wise as you did under Clement imo, i.e big wages on ageing playing with no resale value.

Is Terry still rumoured? Seems to have gone quiet but that'd be great as well.

Chance for players like Bennett and Thomas this season as well, maybe Mitchell as well if Carson goes?

It's a step in the right direction and a similar approach to us now (having said that we did sign Weimann which goes against everything I just said).

Rowett's style was effective, incredibly boring, but effective. It's just he had the exact same issue as previous managers, we made it to the top 2 around Christmas time and then end up finishing 6th. He signed all these experienced players and would talk and talk about how they know how to get out of this league and that's why he's signed them, but they still managed to bottle it under him.

I don't think Terry will be coming here now. He was heavily linked and it looked like Davies might be leaving to join Stoke, but he's recently signed a new deal so unless Terry joins as a player coach, I can't see it. A couple of rumours on here/Twitter lately have been that he's either rejoining Villa now they've got new owners or even joining Sky to become a pundit.

Don't think Carson will leave and it's looking like Mitchell has fell even further down the pecking order behind Roos, but Bennett and Thomas will almost certainly get chances. Both have been standout performers so far in pre-season and we've (so far) managed to keep Thomas despite interest from West Ham.

Weimman will be great for you. I watched a fair bit of Bristol City last season because of a few mates and he just fits you perfectly in my opinion. Works so hard, isn't a flashy player who thinks he's a star and is really quick. He might not reach the levels of Reid's goals, but I'm sure with Eisa and Diedhiou you'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Rowett's style was effective, incredibly boring, but effective. It's just he had the exact same issue as previous managers, we made it to the top 2 around Christmas time and then end up finishing 6th. He signed all these experienced players and would talk and talk about how they know how to get out of this league and that's why he's signed them, but they still managed to bottle it under him.

I don't think Terry will be coming here now. He was heavily linked and it looked like Davies might be leaving to join Stoke, but he's recently signed a new deal so unless Terry joins as a player coach, I can't see it. A couple of rumours on here/Twitter lately have been that he's either rejoining Villa now they've got new owners or even joining Sky to become a pundit.

Don't think Carson will leave and it's looking like Mitchell has fell even further down the pecking order behind Roos, but Bennett and Thomas will almost certainly get chances. Both have been standout performers so far in pre-season and we've (so far) managed to keep Thomas despite interest from West Ham.

Weimman will be great for you. I watched a fair bit of Bristol City last season because of a few mates and he just fits you perfectly in my opinion. Works so hard, isn't a flashy player who thinks he's a star and is really quick. He might not reach the levels of Reid's goals, but I'm sure with Eisa and Diedhiou you'll be fine.

yeah Weimann's work rate is encouraging and I think he'll fit in, reasonable signing for £2m as well. Matty Taylor will be the one who scores a bucketload for us this season imo, watch this space.

It just proves Nixon as a reactionary reporter doesn't it? He has the odd bit of information which is good, but a lot of it is going off information that's already been revealed and passing it off as his own.

He was adamant that we could not buy anybody at all until we sold somebody. Now it's suddenly the case that we are able to buy and we'll look to sell after.

We'll sign Marriott then he'll quote "Aye" as if he knew all along then people will continue to cling on to his every word.

Just now, Kernow said:

It just proves Nixon as a reactionary reporter doesn't it? He has the odd bit of information which is good, but a lot of it is going off information that's already been revealed and passing it off as his own.

He was adamant that we could not buy anybody at all until we sold somebody. Now it's suddenly the case that we are able to buy and we'll look to sell after.

We'll sign Marriott then he'll quote "Aye" as if he knew all along then people will continue to cling on to his every word.

I wish John Percy was as active as him with stories ☹️

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Had enough of boring. Bring exciting football and see Where we finish. 

Archived