Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange lot the stokies.

They've sold 4,000 tickets for the under 21 Checkatrade, match "away" at Port Vale....Vale have sold 300!

Vale are considering giving Stoke 3 sides of the ground and their own fans the away end to prevent stoke fans buying tickets in the home areas.

Vale fans I know aren't going because a) its the checkatrade cup on a cold night and b) because all the stoke wannabe thugs want to parade round a part of their hometown they'd never usually frequent in the hope of beating someone up.

11 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Strange lot the stokies.

They've sold 4,000 tickets for the under 21 Checkatrade, match "away" at Port Vale....Vale have sold 300!

Vale are considering giving Stoke 3 sides of the ground and their own fans the away end to prevent stoke fans buying tickets in the home areas.

Vale fans I know aren't going because a) its the checkatrade cup on a cold night and b) because all the stoke wannabe thugs want to parade round a part of their hometown they'd never usually frequent in the hope of beating someone up.

I was told Vale are trying to boycott this cup as they see it as a step towards B teams being created and put in the lower leagues?

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It is. Big clubs would love having b teams as an alternative to loaning out 20 players.

A bit off topic, but does anything stop someone like roman abramovich from buying a team like Leyton orient (I’ve no idea if that’s anywhere near Chelsea), and just using them as a b team? 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

A bit off topic, but does anything stop someone like roman abramovich from buying a team like Leyton orient (I’ve no idea if that’s anywhere near Chelsea), and just using them as a b team? 

I'm sure there competition rules preventing that. I don't think they cover cross countries though, hence notts forest are olympiacos B

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm sure there competition rules preventing that. I don't think they cover cross countries though, hence notts forest are olympiacos B

Mike Ashley used to send all his players up to Rangers as well when he part owned them.

On 26/11/2018 at 16:33, RadioactiveWaste said:

To make rangers the Newcastle United of the SPFL, what a dream.

In fairness if he sent the entire Newcastle first team up there they would probably be in with a good chance of winning that league.

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

Rowett won’t last the full season, there’s no doubt about that. I think he’ll end up at Millwall. 

Only if Millwall get relegated. He won't be seeing Championship football again once Stoke get rid of him. He will end up like Nigel Clough unless he changes his attitude and mindset. 

Archived