Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Saw this post on our forum so many times last season. 

I know. I posted it and voted with my feet - feet that now Frank Lampard's lovely football brings me to from my season seat in the North Stand.

27 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Quite few new threads now on Rowett ,this one as quite a few references to how we felt about him .

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/283336/gary-rowett-football

Also interesting their comments on McClean. Signed for 6 million, given a 4 year contract at 30, playing badly, yet being undroppable. Another bullet dodged. 

15 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I thought he'd be an upgrade on Russell, but not for that price. 

I know JR had his critics but I think he would have done ok under FL ,I have just watched Jamie Ward's goal against the red dogs [ten men game] .Still not replaced him yet IMO.

Jokanovic is a good call, even like Wagner but they not English / British so that’s a stumbling block for our board.

We have so many players that need to be moved on, even the recent purchase players need to move on. Our recruitment team won’t help prospective new managers coming in either.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/283351/rowett-template-failed-move-on#ixzz5UagkTFNl

There's some cracking stuff on the Rowshitt threads - it reminds me sooo much of the too-ing and fro-ing comments that were on this MB. I particularly love the idea that Jokanovich would go to Snake City though. ? #schadenfreude

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's some cracking stuff on the Rowshitt threads - it reminds me sooo much of the too-ing and fro-ing comments that were on this MB. I particularly love the idea that Jokanovich would go to Snake City though. ? #schadenfreude

I don’t really get how anyone is froing there though. 

I suportarla Rowett last season. I don’t really go to the games, so could t see how turgid it really was, all I could see was loads of 3-0 wins. Couldn’t really understand what anyone was complaining about. 

But in Stoke they don’t even have those 3-0 wins to help argue his case. 

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

I don’t really get how anyone is froing there though. 

I suportarla Rowett last season. I don’t really go to the games, so could t see how turgid it really was, all I could see was loads of 3-0 wins. Couldn’t really understand what anyone was complaining about. 

But in Stoke they don’t even have those 3-0 wins to help argue his case. 

Well it put me right off going I think  @eddie felt the same too.

9 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Well it put me right off going I think  @eddie felt the same too.

Yep. I was the proud veteran of two matches last season, and I never went again. As soon as Frank Lampard was appointed, the memsahib and myself bought new season tickets and my stiff neck healed up..

?

Give Rowett a few years to steady the ship and rebuild from then. If we can avoid being relegated to the non-league and avoid the stadium and supporters being sucked into a vortex transporting us straight to a parallel universe where humans are hunted to extinction by an evil alien race, then Rowett will have done a good job, it's not his fault we are in this position

Read more:  http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/283362/board-decision-make#ixzz5Uf4ZIA5y

2 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

?

Give Rowett a few years to steady the ship and rebuild from then. If we can avoid being relegated to the non-league and avoid the stadium and supporters being sucked into a vortex transporting us straight to a parallel universe where humans are hunted to extinction by an evil alien race, then Rowett will have done a good job, it's not his fault we are in this position

Read more:  http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/283362/board-decision-make#ixzz5Uf4ZIA5y

Seems like there is some sharp wit on that Board. 

13 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Seems like there is some sharp wit on that Board. 

I'm quite enjoying reading it tbh.

Apart from the satisfaction of seeing Rowett get found out so quickly, there are some pretty scathing demolitions of his personal and professional shortcomings. His hubris is being well punished. 

8 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I'm quite enjoying reading it tbh.

Apart from the satisfaction of seeing Rowett get found out so quickly, there are some pretty scathing demolitions of his personal and professional shortcomings. His hubris is being well punished. 

There's some irreverent stuff about the Coates' as well. I can't recall which thread, but one was offering up some withering condemnation of the Board to the effect that they only took decisions that weren't likely to ruffle their tartan knee blankets.......?

Archived