World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England are like the Liverpool of international football with the way both teams play.

The good thing is that there isn’t a team anywhere near as good as Real Madrid in this tournament to stop us. If we keep this intensity then I really, really believe we will win this tournament.

21 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We recently played against Germany and Brazil with a weakened team and neither of them looked like scoring.

Southgate is building something very special, I was sceptical at first but now I’m on the hype train, which I’m usually reluctant to get on unless I’m truly convinced. This English team are far different than other England teams.

I just don’t see it. Maybe it’s because of the way the opposition are so defensive, but I think we’ve looked really average and there seems very little intensity or pace about our play.

Having said, we look so dangerous from set-pieces. That could play a huge part this summer and is a vital part of the game.

I haven’t seen another team this summer who looks a bigger theat at set-pieces.

We’re like the Burnley or Stoke City of international football rather than a Liverpool. And that might not be a bad thing.

Just now, McLovin said:

The only negative(very minor) is the set piece routine that Trippier used for the goal, wouldn’t it be better if we saved that for later on in the tournament as other teams will be wary of it. Very minor though.

When Henderson called it he put his fingers up to show like 7 or 8, which suggests they have a playbook. I wouldn't worry about this being our only worked-on FK.

You gotta practice your general coordination in competitive scenarios. 

11 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Cracking performance. Lingard and Stirling working really well together. Kane is deadly and cool as duck! 

Panamanians need to have a word, play football not rugby you clowns

To be fair their number 5 looks more like a rugby player than a footballer ? 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

When Henderson called it he put his fingers up to show like 7 or 8, which suggests they have a playbook. I wouldn't worry about this being our only worked-on FK.

You gotta practice your general coordination in competitive scenarios. 

Steve Holland is one of the best in the business so we will have many different free kick routines too I imagine.

15 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I just don’t see it. Maybe it’s because of the way the opposition are so defensive, but I think we’ve looked really average and there seems very little intensity or pace about our play.

Having said, we look so dangerous from set-pieces. That could play a huge part this summer and is a vital part of the game.

I haven’t seen another team this summer who looks a bigger theat at set-pieces.

We’re like the Burnley or Stoke City of international football rather than a Liverpool. And that might not be a bad thing.

How dare you mention Snake City in this post we are nothing like the Snakes.

Archived