World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
Just now, MuespachRam said:

I just noticed that the blokes watching the VAR in the studio are all in full ref gear.....!

I know, ridiculous.

Sith Happens
Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

I can't see a bloody thing in this game. Either too bright or pitch black.

Wish it had been like that when we played iceland.

Sith Happens
31 minutes ago, McLovin said:

They’re wearing boots too. Full kit bankers!

John Terry isnt var ref is he?

14 hours ago, Andicis said:

Oh come on Bris. You can't actually believe some of the rubbish you come out with right? It was a stonewall penalty and easily a foul for the freekick. You just sound bitter if you can't actually praise Ronaldo for the things he did well.

I know its an unpopular stance, but I agree with Bris....

Ronaldo got a pen with a cynical DIVE. No other word for it. Yes you see them given, yes the defender was careless.. but did Ronaldo need to reach for the standing leg and kick it and then theatrically fall over? No..so he dived. 

It was then a terrible shot. 30 yards out...and straight at the keeper...can't legislate for such a howler. 

Another even softer free-kick (and dive). Having 'missed' almost 50 freekicks, no other player in the world would have been given it. Not sure why no one was on the line when it was obvious where it was going. Brilliant finish. 

Like Bris said most undeserving hat-trick ever.

But I cashed out on Spain victory as he stepped up...says all you need to know. He is the most annoying player ever. But hell I wish he was English.

Look forward to seeing his tears when they go out. Smug, perfectly formed self obsessed phenomenon.

Can't wait for England to stink the place out. 

Hope Messi can perform! 

22 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I like the football team, they are battling well....the dirty stinking horrible sniveling cheating cricket team are a different matter however 

The attitudes of the two teams could scarcely be more different. I lost any interest in cricket (beyond my nephew who is regarded as a young batting prodigy and who scored his maiden first class century for Victoria this past summer...if he can just stop getting concussed) I ever had due to the Australian cricket team’s attitude.

But the Socceroos are a breath of fresh air in international soccer...

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

I know its an unpopular stance, but I agree with Bris....

Ronaldo got a pen with a cynical DIVE. No other word for it. Yes you see them given, yes the defender was careless.. but did Ronaldo need to reach for the standing leg and kick it and then theatrically fall over? No..so he dived. 

It was then a terrible shot. 30 yards out...and straight at the keeper...can't legislate for such a howler. 

Another even softer free-kick (and dive). Having 'missed' almost 50 freekicks, no other player in the world would have been given it. Not sure why no one was on the line when it was obvious where it was going. Brilliant finish. 

Like Bris said most undeserving hat-trick ever.

But I cashed out on Spain victory as he stepped up...says all you need to know. He is the most annoying player ever. But hell I wish he was English.

Look forward to seeing his tears when they go out. Smug, perfectly formed self obsessed phenomenon.

Can't wait for England to stink the place out. 

Hope Messi can perform! 

Personally couldn't give a monkey's whether he does or not. I'm hoping Kane can perform.

3 minutes ago, EssendonRam said:

The attitudes of the two teams could scarcely be more different. I lost any interest in cricket (beyond my nephew who is regarded as a young batting prodigy and who scored his maiden first class century for Victoria this past summer...if he can just stop getting concussed) I ever had due to the Australian cricket team’s attitude.

But the Socceroos are a breath of fresh air in international soccer...

For most people I know following the Australian Cricket team is like following the national Ping Pong team (no offence to any Ping Pong team) but what an overpaid bunch of pansies who think we care about their tantrums. Play on a world stage like the Socceroos with pride and we might be loosing to France but have not seen any dummy spits unlike Smith and co who think being on top is a right and does not have to be earned.

Archived