World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

15 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’m 7 hours behind you guys so no way was I getting up at 4am to watch France vs Australia. I expeced a comfortable France win, so I guess kudos to the Aussies who looked like they made a game of it.

Argentina vs Iceland is the game of the day for me. Hopefully Iceland bring that 2016 spirit. I’m going for a narrow Argie win.

Wimp... I was up and watching it at 6 am. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bris Vegas said:

I have to teach at 8am, I need all the rest I can get.

I’m glad England and Mexico aren’t on as early.

Yep, I am playing the soccerball in a tournament this weekend he semi final is during the Mexico game with 2 Mexicans on our team, I have a feeling they will be distracted OR maybe they will be throwing the qualification games today so we don’t play tomorrow..!

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Yep, I am playing the soccerball in a tournament this weekend he semi final is during the Mexico game with 2 Mexicans on our team, I have a feeling they will be distracted OR maybe they will be throwing the qualification games today so we don’t play tomorrow..!

I love the WC fever over this way. Must be the same in the US, obviously not this year!

While in Europe they have the Euros and SA have the Copa America, over this way the Gold Cup just doesn’t excite. It’s crap really with Mexico and the US dominating.

Most Mexican fans hate it as they rarely play well in it either, narrowly beating the power nations such as Guatamala or Jamaica.

The WC is the big one, and every for years there is pressure to make it count. Mexico have a great and tough-looking group, but they should be qualifying. 

Hope they do it. 

54 minutes ago, sage said:

Are you referring to the French penalty? I thought the ref got it spot on after VAR but would have struggled to be 100% certain in real time.

Yes.

He got to the ball first and the momentum carried him into a slight touch on the player. You see it 50 times a game and it isn't a foul.

23 minutes ago, needles said:

Yes.

He got to the ball first and the momentum carried him into a slight touch on the player. You see it 50 times a game and it isn't a foul.

He got a faint touch on the ball which carried on it's original path at a similar pace, then his swipe missed the French player's front foot but landed on his back ankle bringing him down, Penalty.

Argentina are rubbish at the back, they’re there for the taking. Iceland are everything that Argentina aren’t, they fight, they’re defensively strong and work as a team. Iceland should use the throw ins and set pieces and place it right near to Caballero because he couldn’t catch anything and looks like making a mistake every time the ball is anywhere near him.

Archived