World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

PistoldPete2
4 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Well I never saw Dier being the man to get the winner in the shoot out. Hopefully Sweden will see a better performance from us.

Wow, just wow. 

Yes I thought it was a terrible substitution from Southgate .. But in the end he was cool enough when it mattered. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Germany, Argentina, Portugal (x2), Italy, South Korea (GB Olympics).

Team GB not England

I want to say it now, so that my days of reacting to this game aren't negative, but Lingard really pissed me off in that game. Incredibly wasteful. Every attack that came to nothing was his doing.

Delighted for Dier that he got the winner.

Delighted for Pickford that he got a save.

Delighted for Henderson that he's not the next Gareth Southgate (as a player).

The emotional release when Dier scored that was like nothing I've experienced watching football, tbh. I'd built up so much despair over the course of that extra-time. There was such inevitability about it. Was certain we were going out.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I want to say it now, so that my days of reacting to this game aren't negative, but Lingard really pissed me off in that game. Incredibly wasteful. Every attack that came to nothing was his doing.

The emotional release when Dier scored that was like nothing I've experienced watching football, tbh. I'd built up so much despair over the course of that extra-time. There was such inevitability about it. Was certain we were going out.

Agreed. Henderson wouldn't have deserved the stigma and the vitriol.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I actually got up to leave and stood near the door after Henderson missed!

In fairness to Henderson he had a decent game and it wasn't a bad penalty, more an excellent save. Some of those penalties on both sides were brilliant. Gave the goalkeepers no chance.

I think Colombia were more of a test than Sweden. Two powerful sides, but Sweden I don't think are as quick on the break as Colombia or have the individual ability such as Cuadrado, Bacca or Falcao.

Huge opportunity to reach the semifinals. Rest will be important.

Archived