World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
23 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

You would have definitely fancied Belgium to make it to the final on this side of the draw.

Oh well, they'll have to settle for a quarter-final exit to Mexico.

You were saying?

If I was playing Brazil, I wouldn’t even care about scoring. My soul purpose in life would be to give Neymar something proper to cry about, like a swift stamp to the left testicle. I’d happily take a booking to see him rolling round for an actual reason. Even better if the boy who cried wolf gets zero sympathy, and I don’t get a booking. 

Utter knob. 

Id love to have seen him play against a Terry butcher or even Stuart Pearce. 

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

Bris you had five, six, seven chances to play someone into the box when you had runners left and right. There was a real hesitance to play the final ball even when it was an easy pass and some poor decision making from the young lad who otherwise looked very dangerous.

Sorry to see you out mate, some of the play was very easy on the eye.

Neymat, I know this is a ridiculous thing to say but he's poo.

Not good for the game at all to have such a high profile player like him be such a twit.

I really do dislike him, he's set himself up as some kind of God don't touch me I'm neymar.

Little piece of poo.

I think all three of the supposedly top players have their faults, Neymar with his rolling around, CR has done this in the past as well, rolling around like he had been shot when getting the slightest touch. Messi has also had his moments, and all three have an arrogance that you wouldn’t want as a role model, Messi chucking his toys out the pram when he doesn’t win something, and all three have to be centre of attention at their club all the time.

Time for a new role model on the world stage I think, Harry Kane the time is right ?

19 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I think all three of the supposedly top players have their faults, Neymar with his rolling around, CR has done this in the past as well, rolling around like he had been shot when getting the slightest touch. Messi has also had his moments, and all three have an arrogance that you wouldn’t want as a role model, Messi chucking his toys out the pram when he doesn’t win something, and all three have to be centre of attention at their club all the time.

Time for a new role model on the world stage I think, Harry Kane the time is right ?

Except, Neymar isn't even close to Ronaldo or Messi. Those two will go down as some of the best players ever. Neymar currently has achieved next to nothing. 

Would love it for Japan to win this game. Big fan. Think Belgium will be far too physical for them though. 

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

You didn’t think I was actually serious did you?

I don't know.. would you have fancied Belgium ahead of France. Truth is you wouldn't fancy anyone in this world cup its so topsy turvy. 

PistoldPete2
44 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

If I was playing Brazil, I wouldn’t even care about scoring. My soul purpose in life would be to give Neymar something proper to cry about, like a swift stamp to the left testicle. I’d happily take a booking to see him rolling round for an actual reason. Even better if the boy who cried wolf gets zero sympathy, and I don’t get a booking. 

Utter knob. 

Id love to have seen him play against a Terry butcher or even Stuart Pearce. 

Unfortunately stamping on a players testicle (left or right , makes no difference ) is a sending off offence.. ask Wayne Rooney. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Except, Neymar isn't even close to Ronaldo or Messi. Those two will go down as some of the best players ever. Neymar currently has achieved next to nothing. 

Really ?  He may not have won as many medals as the other two, but to say he has achieved next to nothing is just putting blinkers. For Brazil he has scored over 50 goals in just under 90 appearances, has over 15 winners medals to his name, and is only 26.  

No arguing that he isn’t and probably won’t reach the level the other two once peaked at, but to say he has achieved next to nothing ?

They're like the harlem globetrotters aren't they? So many stars to look out for tonight. And especially for Belgium.

AAAAAND Martin Keown muted within 1 minute. New record. 

5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Really ?  He may not have won as many medals as the other two, but to say he has achieved next to nothing is just putting blinkers. For Brazil he has scored over 50 goals in just under 90 appearances, has over 15 winners medals to his name, and is only 26.  

No arguing that he isn’t and probably won’t reach the level the other two once peaked at, but to say he has achieved next to nothing ?

And he’s at least got a chance of sticking a World Cup winners medal in his cabinet. (Not this year though, just a runners up medal will do him this year). 

22 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Why? They've earned their places.

And two of those have been in a final before. 

Yeah because all the teams listed would have been in you’re top picks to make a final before a ball was kicked? 

Sweeden made the final in 1958 England in 1966 hardly both been brilliant on recent times

nobody is slagging them off of course they will have ‘earnt the right’ just think its mental nobody would have thought any of them teams would make the final 

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Unfortunately stamping on a players testicle (left or right , makes no difference ) is a sending off offence.. ask Wayne Rooney. 

Worth it. Last minute of the final. We’re 2-0 up. Up steps sterling to finally do something useful and shoot him in the balls with his ankle rifle. Red card. Worth it. 

Archived