Where are they now?

Poynton ram

Anybody know whatever happened to Miles Addison? - showed so much promise for Derby prior to a horrific injury - last I heard he was playing in Scotland.

Over the years a few seem to have drifted away from the game - I remember Matt Carbon having a great game at PP when we beat Arsenal 3.0 - always wondered what happened to him.

So many from the Jim Smith era too,  Dean Sturridge, Ron Willems, Christian Dailly, Ashley Ward, Malcolm Christie

I wonder how many are still involved in the game in some way - Messrs Van der Laan and  D Powell spring to mind

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Anybody know whatever happened to Miles Addison? - showed so much promise for Derby prior to a horrific injury - last I heard he was playing in Scotland.

Over the years a few seem to have drifted away from the game - I remember Matt Carbon having a great game at PP when we beat Arsenal 3.0 - always wondered what happened to him.

So many from the Jim Smith era too,  Dean Sturridge, Ron Willems, Christian Dailly, Ashley Ward, Malcolm Christie

I wonder how many are still involved in the game in some way - Messrs Van der Laan and  D Powell spring to mind

Robbie is Director of Football at Newcastle Town (Staffs) and is still involved running his football academies.

2 hours ago, muzzamurray said:

Miles Addison is a free agent, he was indeed playing in scotland for kilmarnock

If you remember he had a foot injury at Derby and was put on the bench at Newcastle away after a few months out  .  Due to lack of other options he wound up starting , had a blinder and Clough kept him on for 96 minutes despite him hobbling round for the last 30 minutes  .  Foot flared up and he missed about a year of football.  Always felt he was a bit let down and if he'd been a bit older and wiser probably would have put his foot down ( no pun intended) and come off that night .

clarkeram7

Matt Carbon applied for a job as a P. T at David Lloyd Nottingham only.a few years ago 

??????

10 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Are you aware of the word 'Google'?

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, sage said:

Are you aware of the word 'Google'?

Bah humbug lol. I like threads like this.

Sith Happens

For me it amazes me when i see someone like Christie is a car salesman. Having played PL football for several seasons you imagine he would have been paid enough to retire on anyway. Have to imagine even back then he must have been on 10k a week plus in the PL.

11 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

For me it amazes me when i see someone like Christie is a car salesman. Having played PL football for several seasons you imagine he would have been paid enough to retire on anyway. Have to imagine even back then he must have been on 10k a week plus in the PL.

I know what you mean but it wasn’t like a run of the mill car sales job. I imagine his football window was short as he was still stacking shelves til about 20yo. But yeah, he probably earns more than my whole career whilst at Derby and Boro. I guess when you’ve bought the 7 bed mansion and nice motor, you get used to that standard so need the cash coming in.

Shame the ref bought that ‘Barthez had the ball under control bs’. He could’ve had a hat trick v manu (after being 2-0 down?) and that’s a nice memento from the game to tell yer grandkids.

Archived