Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

@David I missed the Vydra stuff you posted and I'm too lazy to find it. A quick summary please mate?

?

7 hours ago, David said:

Vydra has never had a medical at Leeds. He had a minor groin strain back end of last season. As a purely precautionary measure he had a minor operation in June, which has cleared the symptom completely. He is now back in training and will be fully fit very soon. Already showing peak sprint speeds.

6 minutes ago, Moist One said:

why wouldn't you want him to stay? I love Nugent, but we signed him 10 years too late. Vydra's pace in the role Nugent played today would give him 30+ goals next season.

Doubt he'd put the shift in like Nugent though.  Don't see Vydra closing down and chasing their defence.  That's not a criticism, it's just not the way he plays.

16 minutes ago, Moist One said:

why wouldn't you want him to stay? I love Nugent, but we signed him 10 years too late. Vydra's pace in the role Nugent played today would give him 30+ goals next season.

But didn't it become clear that Vydra can't play the lone striker role???

47 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

sounded to me in the interview that the decision is out of lampard's hands.

I don’t think it’s out of lampards hands. He just knows that if a 10m + bid comes in the club is not going to reject it, which is understandable and that has been the plan since the window opened. 

Lampard just wants resolution so he doesn’t miss out on his other targets. For example Waghorn. Not knowing if he is going to be sold must be very frustrating as he is chomping at the bit to get the season going and have the squad he wants. 

We need resolution on this either way, very quickly. 

1 hour ago, WilkoRam said:

Doubt he'd put the shift in like Nugent though.  Don't see Vydra closing down and chasing their defence.  That's not a criticism, it's just not the way he plays.

disagree, he puts everything into the game as much as Nugent

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But didn't it become clear that Vydra can't play the lone striker role???

no, it became clear that he cannot be expected to create goals without chances being provided for him.

Archived