Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, admira said:

Has there been any evidence so far that Vydra actually WANTS to leave or is it just DCFC looking to cash in on a valuable asset?

THIS. He seems to be our only asset (Maybe Lawerence). We need money to sign players so we are trying to push him out the door. 

Vydra is a goalscorer -given two chances he will bag one .  For me he is the only player we have with the ability to do this on a game to game basis .  Given a choice of Marriott who got 27 in league one or Vydra with 22 in this league I would keep Vydra. Even if he gets half the goals this year the attention he gets will create space and chances for others.  For every Gayle or Mackail-Smith there's a Conner Washington . If we are keen on Marriott and need the funds I would take old snakeys 10 mill for Lawrence- pay off what we owe leicester (if the interest is really there) and push for an add on .

15 hours ago, admira said:

Has there been any evidence so far that Vydra actually WANTS to leave or is it just DCFC looking to cash in on a valuable asset?

Not really

But I would imagine he's only going to go down in value - We seem to be playing wingers again this season and I don't see he fits brilliantly in this system 

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Not really

But I would imagine he's only going to go down in value - We seem to be playing wingers again this season and I don't see he fits brilliantly in this system 

Give him the ball in front of goal and he will fit in perfectly 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Give him the ball in front of goal and he will fit in perfectly 

Especially if we are playing to feet.

Just now, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

He’s gonna get the munchies, not good for his waist line or his vision when he goes....

At least if his vision is suspect then moneybags forest won't come in for him - They have a VERY rigorous eye testing policy over there

2 hours ago, Harrowram said:

He wants to leave provided somebody will pay him £50 k per week. Otherwise he is happy to stay and fight for his place!

Couldn't he just stay, score 30 goals next season, then fight for his 50k?

I thought MM said we’d have to balance the books a bit so selling Vydra for 11m and signing Marriott for say 5m means 6m in the old skyrocket and less in wages.and a player who will fit better into the system Frank appears to want ..also think Vydras value will actually go down if he doesn’t get played as I suspect he might not ...makes economic sense to me....good season last season but was in and out towards the end of the season and season before was poor 

Archived