Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

5 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

There's one strong reason why I'd want Vydra to stay. It would be a challenge for Lampard and would tell a lot about his managerial thoughts. Would he try to mold him to 4-3-3 or swap the tactics or both depending of the situation?

Vydra the guinea pig. And yes, I'm against animal testing, I prefer humans.

Or just not play him...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/07/2018 at 17:59, brady1993 said:

As well if you do play him with a big striker you have to find a way to accomadate him not really linking play and have to carry him off the ball a little bit. All of that plus he seemingly really can go off the boil and you have to think whether he's worth it.

After watching him every game last season, I have to say he was always pressing the ball in there half and tracking back to win the ball. Rowett being rowett wouldn’t have played him otherwise. And out of all the players we had he also was the one that did link up play.

Having said that I do understand the frustration of seeing him get tackled and making out his injured for the next minute or so. 

If he wants to stay and Frank wants him then let’s keep him. We are still not sure of Franks plans next year he might be even better than last year 

Best finisher in the league. 

10 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

After watching him every game last season, I have to say he was always pressing the ball in there half and tracking back to win the ball. Rowett being rowett wouldn’t have played him otherwise. And out of all the players we had he also was the one that did link up play.

He's an extremely hard worker and I have always loved that about him - Still by far my favourite Vydra moment was QPR away under McClaren 2.0 - Came on for the last 15 mins, ball was lost in the final third and he fought back, made the tackle, went back past the player and created an opportunity which Ince scored

18 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Maybe not better

But more exciting

I always forget at this time of year that I enjoy the anticipation of football more than watching it...

Or maybe that's just what watching Clement, Pearson and Rowett's teams has left me feeling

Which is why I’ve not renewed my season ticket for the first time in 54 years!!! Watch us go and get promoted now!??

On 03/07/2018 at 19:29, vidukasbox said:

Do you mean like Leeds then?

What a crap run of clubs Vydra has had. Watford/ West Brom/ Reading/ Derby. He's going to absolutely love playing in front of a packed out Elland Road.

'Basket case of a club', that now has the best manager in the league, who's about to buy the top scorer in the league. Enjoy Fat Frank and Richard Keogh doing that daft 1000 yard stare after making his weekly blooper.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27320-1396635050-12

Yikes ..... Vydra demanding over 50k a week just to play in front of a packed out Elland Road and for the best manager in the league. Now Jozefzoon looks like he might fancy playing for Fat Frank over the greatest manager to ever grace the Championship 

Just starting to get round of keeping vyds  now. 

If I could pick the players to leave I think it would be Butterfield, Thorne, anya, Hanson, Nugent, Jerome, Pearce and Roos. With a few youngsters going on loan.

I also don’t think huddlestone will the lampard system and Maybe Ledley is the better option ? 

Love to see Derby sign another proven CM, CB, RB and a striker but not in the peak age of the career? 

Everyones opinons are different, and I doubt anything I said will become realistic 

49 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Which is why I’ve not renewed my season ticket for the first time in 54 years!!! Watch us go and get promoted now!??

That is a shame, a true Ram . I think you ought to give it one more season ...you will need the early bird price to afford the season ticket for the prem the season after.

39 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Just starting to get round of keeping vyds  now. 

If I could pick the players to leave I think it would be Butterfield, Thorne, anya, Hanson, Nugent, Jerome, Pearce and Roos. With a few youngsters going on loan.

I also don’t think huddlestone will the lampard system and Maybe Ledley is the better option ? 

Love to see Derby sign another proven CM, CB, RB and a striker but not in the peak age of the career? 

Everyones opinons are different, and I doubt anything I said will become realistic 

So you want to sign a centre midfield (Huddlestone - proven) Centere Back (Davies, Keogh, Pearce all proven), Right Back (Wisdom - Proven) …. ??

Striker I can agree with, but we do need of a left back.

And I have not included any of our under 23 players

2 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

So you want to sign a centre midfield (Huddlestone - proven) Centere Back (Davies, Keogh, Pearce all proven), Right Back (Wisdom - Proven) …. ??

Striker I can agree with, but we do need of a left back.

And I have not included any of our under 23 players

As I said just a few youngsters so that’s the under 23 age (due to my age bracket)

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27320-1396635050-12

Yikes ..... Vydra demanding over 50k a week just to play in front of a packed out Elland Road and for the best manager in the league. Now Jozefzoon looks like he might fancy playing for Fat Frank over the greatest manager to ever grace the Championship 

That was my favourite bit of his rant

31k average attendance last year at a 37k+ capacity - That's 84% of seats filled - Hardly packed out

Admittedly we only filled about 81% of our seats on average - But then we have to play host to dross like Leeds - Whereas their fans once a season get to host great sides like Derby...

Archived