Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Will WE pay him 50k to stay???     Would HE be content to continue on his 30K..............

Or is this all about a new contract at Derby??

Canny so and sos these agents...........

I get the feeling that he’s saying he’s happy and settled where is but if they want to stump up £50k a week then it’s too good to turn down. 

I don’t think he wants all the pressure of a 11m+ record signing at Leeds. If he goes 5 games without a goal the fans are going to be all over him and we alresdy know what happens when his confidence is low. 

I think Lampard will get much more out of him than GR ever could due to FL style of play. 

1 hour ago, t'oldu said:

Will WE pay him 50k to stay???     Would HE be content to continue on his 30K..............

Or is this all about a new contract at Derby??

Canny so and sos these agents...........

We can't afford to

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We can't afford to

We don’t need to. He is on a long contract. We can see if he’s able to reproduce the goods this season on the same wages. If he wants to up his wages, he probably needs a prem team to buy him. I think it’s fairly common knowledge that Derby are the only team in this league who drastically overpay mediocrity and extend contracts of injured players. Not that I think he’s mediocre, because I don’t. But I do think he is being paid his worth already 

49 minutes ago, Doodle said:

We don’t need to. He is on a long contract. We can see if he’s able to reproduce the goods this season on the same wages. If he wants to up his wages, he probably needs a prem team to buy him. I think it’s fairly common knowledge that Derby are the only team in this league who drastically overpay mediocrity and extend contracts of injured players. Not that I think he’s mediocre, because I don’t. But I do think he is being paid his worth already 

Certainly agree that FL would  get  more out of him but if we can get a decent amount for him,would def  help improve the overall quality of the squad. Sure a few quality loanees  that we couldn't normally afford will be making an entrance to strengthen the squad and make us a formidable force.

should we go up this season,hopefully finances will then be in place to retain these individuals . Had hoped Vydra  would have attracted more attention than he has and been worth a pint by a premiership club. But £11mill plus add ons may be sensible business for us at this time.

let's hope we are in for a good season with lots to look forward too , I have all the anticipation that we had when PC was announced,and expect FL  to do better and play a more attractive style.

COYR.

3 hours ago, 3766dan said:

I don’t think he wants all the pressure of a 11m+ record signing at Leeds. If he goes 5 games without a goal the fans are going to be all over him and we alresdy know what happens when his confidence is low. 

I think Lampard will get much more out of him than GR ever could due to FL style of play. 

A bit like our “fans” not that long ago! A few short memories on the forum?

6 hours ago, 3766dan said:

Bit early to say that. I'd argue GR got the max out of him. Problem is Vydra seems to only be able to play as a no.10.  And we might not use a formation requiring one

1 hour ago, feisty said:

Bit early to say that. I'd argue GR got the max out of him. Problem is Vydra seems to only be able to play as a no.10.  And we might not use a formation requiring one

To be honest I think Vydra will get you goals as long as you can get his head right , he has pace , gets himself in the right places and  can really finish well ,for me you can get goals from in more positions than number 10 and in differing formations ,, 

10 minutes ago, archied said:

To be honest I think Vydra will get you goals as long as you can get his head right , he has pace , gets himself in the right places and  can really finish well ,for me you can get goals from in more positions than number 10 and in differing formations ,, 

Agree with you 100% here mate. 

But one thing you said is the main reason I wouldn't be too bothered if we sold him and that's "as long as you can get his head right" 

He's so frustrating to watch when his head isn't in the game and you can normally tell pretty early on if it is or not. 

If he gives the ball away or misses a good chance is head drops and if it does,more often than not he's completely ineffective. 

Might explain why he never has 2 good consecutive seasons. 

40 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Agree with you 100% here mate. 

But one thing you said is the main reason I wouldn't be too bothered if we sold him and that's "as long as you can get his head right" 

He's so frustrating to watch when his head isn't in the game and you can normally tell pretty early on if it is or not. 

If he gives the ball away or misses a good chance is head drops and if it does,more often than not he's completely ineffective. 

Might explain why he never has 2 good consecutive seasons. 

I’m also ok with selling him if it’s for good money and money is spent wisely on the team 

35 minutes ago, Rample said:

Leeds looking at Kodjia as an alternative now apparently.

Reckon they're full of hot air and will end up with Waghorn at best.

This sort of reporting makes me laugh. Managers have systems and styles of play. We're supposed to believe that having apparently failed so far to land a 5ft 10' number 10 with pace and movement Leeds have turned their attentions to a 6ft 2' target man with a chequered injury history. 

No logic there at all from the papers. 

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Well Cardiff went for the second highest scorer...

By all accounts Bobby Reid was a converted CM and hit the ground running when he was moved upfront. He’s incredibly hard working and offers a great deal more than Vydra overall.

Vyd is a goal scorer that has a patchy record and has already flopped at that level before. It would be some gamble for a club to pay £11m on him as a player when there are other options available.

As a Premier League team taking a ‘punt’ then Marriott stands out than Vydra in my opinion. He would cost less, both in transfer fee and certainly in wages. 

Archived