Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

Just now, 86 points said:

Not when you consider that Vydra has been injured, on a light training regime and not available for any of the games played thus far it's not. Sorry, but I feel you are confusing opinion with fact. It may be that ultimately you are proven correct but there is very little evidence to support your assumption as yet.

Ok ?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vydra really doesn’t suit a 4123 which is what Lampard has been playing all pre season.

Yes you could maybe play him in one of the CAM positions but they are taken by Mount and Bryson. Up front will be Marriott or Nugent.

It’s obvious we are desperate for him to be sold and the deal go through. 

Whole window has been geared towards selling Vydra for 10 or 11 million and Weimann for 2. Spending 2 on Jozef, 3 on Marriott, 1 on Evans & 4 (rising with add ons) on Waghorn. Then loaning Martin to Steve McClaren as nobody will buy him as they can’t match his wages and length of contract. Then fire sale to the highest bidder (loan or permanent) Blackman Butterfield Anya Thorne Jerome, might need deadline day for those 4. 

Excellent plan, really impressed with how Lampard has been conducting himself and executing the transfer plan this window but if Vydra has fallen through let’s hope someone buys him because I worry they are reliant financially upon the sale. 

2 minutes ago, RamsSong said:

Vydra really doesn’t suit a 4123 which is what Lampard has been playing all pre season.

Yes you could maybe play him in one of the CAM positions but they are taken by Mount and Bryson. Up front will be Marriott or Nugent.

Whole window has been geared towards selling Vydra for 10 or 11 million and Weimann for 2. Spending 2 on Jozef, 3 on Marriott, 1 on Evans & 4 (rising with add ons) on Waghorn. Then loaning Martin to Steve McClaren as nobody will buy him as they can’t match his wages and length of contract. Then fire sale to the highest bidder (loan or permanent) Blackman Butterfield Anya Thorne Jerome, might need deadline day for those 4. 

Excellent plan, really impressed with how Lampard has been conducting himself and executing the transfer plan this window but if Vydra has fallen through let’s hope someone buys him because I worry they are reliant financially upon the sale. 

I am not sure it is obvious we are desperate to sell Vydra, but l personally do think it the case that his sale is vital to getting our books in order. I otherwise fully agree that Lampard is executing a very good window.  

I would rather keep Lawrence than Vydra. Yes Vydra scored goals last season but Lawrence has shown that he is improving under Frank. The team has bonded now and players in the 18 on a matchday will all be together and will work hard on and off the ball. This is where Matej won't keep up, he hasn't played a minute of football this pre season, he's not fit and he's had no time with the team not to mention he's mardy and drops his head after 10 mins. I don't want that attitude in the club. Get him out and stick with Frank's options. 

37 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Sign anyone who our Frank wants then sort it out one way or another. We are a couple of players away from being a top two side. We have a Xmas sale so what is the hurry? About ten out of contract at end of season so what is the exact dilemma?

Please explain to the euphoric about deadlines that we have to balance by

?

Vydra could definitely do the job Nugent did against Wolves. How many flick ons and aerial battles did he get involved in? Vyd needs to press like Nugent does, but we’re not playing like we did with Martin under McClaren where he was a focal point. The focal point is the midfield trio under Lampard, in my opinion. 

Once Marriott gains match fitness I'm guessing he will replace Nugent in the starting eleven. Nugent's a great character to have in the squad and definitely merits a place on the bench but my concern is his ratio of chances to goals and this is where I'm expecting Marriott to prove his worth. From what I've seen and read, one of the features of Marriotts' game is chasing and harrying defenders, something Nugent is still capable of doing, though not for anything like the full 90 minutes. For this reason, I don't see what Waghorn will give us that we don't already have - less than a goal every 4 games at Championship level is hardly prolific.

I foresee us creating far more chances than has been the case in recent seasons and expect goals to come from the likes of Lawrence, Wilson & Marriott, with useful contributions from Bryson and Mount.

So what about Vydra? If he stays then I think he can still contribute - he's a clinical finisher given a chance and he presses more than some on here seem to think. If he goes at anywhere near the £11m being quoted then fine but don't spend it on Waghorn - keep it for the January window when Lampard will be in a much better position to assess the current squad in a competitive environment.

1 hour ago, RamsSong said:

Mate don't want to be dismissive but most of your comments are pure speculation so I'm not sure why you have concluded it's an excellent plan by lampard

In respect of vydra,I'd agree,I can't see how he fits into the formation.....he's not a striker in the Nugent/Marriott mould and he's no winger...

It's a shame rowett doesn't want him at Stoke,in fact I'm amazed he hasn't gone to them.

Interesting question that’s been playing in my mind, if we pay players off would that count against us with regards to FFP. It would undoubtedly be on the balance sheet, but how could the Football League argue that FFP is about sustainability if we’re punished for paying players off, I.e their contract is no longer a long-term issue for the club.

Just a thought as we pay go down this route. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Interesting question that’s been playing in my mind, if we pay players off would that count against us with regards to FFP. It would undoubtedly be on the balance sheet, but how could the Football League argue that FFP is about sustainability if we’re punished for paying players off, I.e their contract is no longer a long-term issue for the club.

Just a thought as we pay go down this route. 

It's still money spent. Surley it doesn't matter if players are paid their wages over a season or paid off straight up. Still the same money

6 minutes ago, Rampage said:

So there is no real panic which is what I have thought all along. 

We'll be off and away into the PL sunset by then compandre. Los Banditos Forestias left to deal with the Sheriff and his crew.

2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

It's still money spent. Surley it doesn't matter if players are paid their wages over a season or paid off straight up. Still the same money

Yeah, but surely that makes a mockery off the whole thing. The line is about sustainability, so how can paying off a contract, effectively taking a massive hit on a player, not be sustainable especially if you don’t tie it in with a loan? 

I’d personally suggest that should be fine & should be void from the FFP target like the academy. 

4 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Does anybody really know how FFP works. 

Everyone you ask as thier own take on it.  Where's an expert when you need one

There was a football finance expert on talksport today he said the simple answer is....you are allowed to loose 13 mill a year on three year rolling cycle ie 39mill over three years.

The equivalent in the prem is 105 over three years.

Archived