Craig Bryson

Day

12 hours ago, Rammed79 said:

Hope he stays for the rest of his career and then we build a statue of him on his knees celebrating that third goal against the red dogs.

Whilst I like your sentiments. I think Frank is coming in with the remit of rebuilding for the future, not living on what has been in the past.

I like Bryson and if he is the type of player who FITS THE BILL then great. We can't just keep him on the back of 2 or 3 years ago. Same goes for Hughes. Time to let go maybe

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I like Bryson and if he is the type of player who FITS THE BILL then great. We can't just keep him on the back of 2 or 3 years ago. Same goes for Hughes. Time to let go maybe

I hate to tell you this, but hughes has already gone. 

57 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I hate to tell you this, I know.

Maybe lost in translation but I was alluding to everyone living in the past and harping on about Hughes.

We are Derby county and we live in the past 

31 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We do a heck of a lot to be fair and every player is compared to someone else but history is and always will be the number one benchmark 

Yep. A bit hard to compare to the future...

On 31/05/2018 at 21:36, RamLad1884 said:

They would be correct to do so too, Bryso possess' a lot of skills but technical ability isn't one of them. We don't nessecerily need a skillful midfielder right now, just one that can get the ball from A to B and in the goal. 

Slightly harsh mate, I’d say he’s technically sound without being exceptional. 

9 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Whilst I like your sentiments. I think Frank is coming in with the remit of rebuilding for the future, not living on what has been in the past.

This argument never quite sits right with me. It’s not about moving backwards or forwards to a different time. It’s about moving back to that stylistically. 

I’d have the entire Wembley squad back in a heartbeat, full well knowing it wouldn’t be as good and potentially not even capable of the play-offs. 

Not because of sentiment but because that would be the blueprint. Lampard could see how the system functions, see what style of player is required for each role.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

This argument never quite sits right with me. It’s not about moving backwards or forwards to a different time. It’s about moving back to that stylistically. 

I’d have the entire Wembley squad back in a heartbeat, full well knowing it wouldn’t be as good and potentially not even capable of the play-offs. 

Not because of sentiment but because that would be the blueprint. Lampard could see how the system functions, see what style of player is required for each role.

The only thing I'd bare in mind with that was we had 7-11 of them all playing their best football at the same time in the same team. It was so special because of that.

I'd have that team back even with less impressive form mind ?

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 10:42, alanmarklewis said:

I hope he stays and is a regular starter, we have absolutely no runners in CM.

We desperately need two new wingers though.

Not having a dig at all but it makes me laugh that when Bryson was here he was called out as a "headless chicken". Now we want "runners". As I've said before, we all know nothing, its hilarious! 

IMO Bryson is a quality player if we go back to playing what I would call football and actually use our midfield to build up the attacks. He has a phenomenal 'engine' and does a lot of the 'donkey work' that is essential in good teams but often goes unnoticed. I would not be surprised if Frank decides he can use him and I would like that to happen.

23 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Not having a dig at all but it makes me laugh that when Bryson was here he was called out as a "headless chicken". Now we want "runners". As I've said before, we all know nothing, its hilarious! 

Not by me, he can pass and move, our centre midfielders merely pass and sit, which would be fine if their pass percentage was high. 

Did anybody see our pass completion rate in a few of our games, it was utterly disgraceful.

5 minutes ago, alanmarklewis said:

Not by me, he can pass and move, our centre midfielders merely pass and sit, which would be fine if their pass percentage was high. 

Did anybody see our pass completion rate in a few of our games, it was utterly disgraceful.

I agree Alan. I was just commenting on the polar views of people watching the same thing. 

Archived