Craig Bryson

David

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/05/2018 at 12:16, AndyinLiverpool said:

How long before his legs go? 

How long before the same voices start to decry our midfield for being less than dynamic or lacking creativity?

how long before those calling for youthful players to be given a chance? How many people already calling for this are ready to welcome Bryson back with open arms?

If u saw his stats for km covered in games his legs are nowhere close to going , having watched derby closely this season Rowett made an arse of it letting him go on loan , if he had stayed derby would have got promoted imo 

5 minutes ago, valleyram said:

If u saw his stats for km covered in games his legs are nowhere close to going , having watched derby closely this season Rowett made an arse of it letting him go on loan , if he had stayed derby would have got promoted imo 

i'd have loved that but i highly doubt that would have been the case. He's been here for a long time and in every one of those seasons since Mac first took over we've had a better squad than we did this year. I love Brys and want him here next year but he wouldn't have made the difference 

7 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Robbie Savage topped the fitness charts when he was here but it was clear his sharpness had gone.

Not saying that Bryson has lost his sharpness as I haven’t seen him play but distance covered is not a good measure of match fitness.

Be interesting to see how hungry he still is having had a lucrative contract and being a bit part player for a while now.

17 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

i'd have loved that but i highly doubt that would have been the case. He's been here for a long time and in every one of those seasons since Mac first took over we've had a better squad than we did this year. I love Brys and want him here next year but he wouldn't have made the difference 

Certainly not in a team where the ball sails 30 ft over the midfields heads into space for jerome and weimann to go scampering after.

We didn't really have hold up play up front. And bryso would have found that if he made a late run into the box, that vydra would have been in his way ?

Do you not think that allowing Bryson and others go on loan was not just about football and squad size but mainly about the wage bill and trying to reduce it.

i get the feeling that Rowett didn’t want Bryson to go but needed to try and balance the books 

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

Do you not think that allowing Bryson and others go on loan was not just about football and squad size but mainly about the wage bill and trying to reduce it.

i get the feeling that Rowett didn’t want Bryson to go but needed to try and balance the books 

I think you are correct but he left himself dreadfully short in midfield when he let all of those go from central midfield and again he repeated it when he let Russell leave and replaced him with no one ( Palmer was never there to replace Russell)

3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I may be wrong on timing but didn't he bring Ledley in AFTER Bryson was released - if that's right then how would that have been "balancing the books"?

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I may be wrong on timing but didn't he bring Ledley in AFTER Bryson was released - if that's right then how would that have been "balancing the books"?

correct. Ledley was after the transfer window as he was a free.

7 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Rowett had to loan Bryson to be able to afford to buy Kieftenbeld for £300k late on deadline day. WE thought it had all gone through but Kieftenbeld didn't sign the form in the right place. Rowett said he didn't really want to let Bryson go but needed a specific type of player.

As we were then a midfielder short we were able to sign Ledley after the transfer window as he was a free agent.

1 minute ago, sage said:

Rowett had to loan Bryson to be able to afford to buy Kieftenbeld for £300k late on deadline day. WE thought it had all gone through but Kieftenbeld didn't sign the form in the right place. Rowett said he didn't really want to let Bryson go but needed a specific type of player.

As we were then a midfielder short we were able to sign Ledley after the transfer window as he was a free agent.

Indeed, but the original point remains that it was his choice to get rid of Bryson (as he wanted Kieftenbeld).

Just now, Carnero said:

Indeed, but the original point remains that it was his choice to get rid of Bryson (as he wanted Kieftenbeld).

He needed a specific type of player 9energetic DCM) for his formation but couldn't afford him. If he could afford him he wouldn't have let Bryson go on loan. Cardiff wanted him and we thought we were able to improve the team with Kietenbeld. 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Yeah - but the pedant in me was thinking that therefore it was a Rowett choice (ie wanted player type X rather than Bryson) rather than some act of selfless devotion to the financial cause on his part, which was how the phrase "loaned to balance the books" came across.

But no biggie......we're all friends again now that Roger the Viper has slithered westwards......

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Different wages , different players , Ledley was a sort of last minute thing ( I would think) as he was signed after the deadline, although he did go for the Brum player. 

But my answer would be Bryson would be more expensive... but who knows 

Archived