Craig Bryson

Day

He's earned the right to make his own decision.

He wants to go to them Prem no-one would blame him.

if he wants to come home, then there's a role for him here.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those saying we should sell:

- He is a rare player who genuinely cares about Derby. The fact that he wants to see what happens here, rather than push a move to the prem proves that. This will be twice he's rejected a move to the Prem (Burnley/Cardiff) as he wants to play for Derby.  

- He is the kind of midfielder we have missed all season. A player who runs, harasses, tackles, links midfield to attack. 

- A fan favourite, lifts the atmosphere.

- The money we would get for Bryson would not be worth letting him go.

We moan that players have no loyality in football, yet when we have a loyal footballer, we have no loyalty in keeping them when they get 'too old' 

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Thats pretty impressive from bryson if true.

We will need a few exprienced pro's to help the youngsters

Right now my team would be......

Martin

weimann.    Vydra or elsnik.   Bryson.   Lawrence or Thomas

.                                         Thorne

Fozzy or lowe.      Davies.       Keogh.        Wisdom

.                                        Carson

Yes, but which way are you kicking Ramnut?

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

Martin

Is having Thorne in the team based on the proviso that he has a fantastic pre season and raises his fitness levels considerably? On the basis of what we saw last season he is no where near ready to be a first team regular....shame because when at his best and fit pre injury he was one of the best central midfielders in the Championship and I am one of his biggest fans. Also in relation to Lowe, just watched the Shrewsbury play off final. Despite their first choice left back being out injured Lowe didn't play, they moved a central defender to left back....is he ready to be first choice left back..I hope he is....

36 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Let me guess hmm Butterfield and Johnson ? ( altough johnson whilst limited does try) 

Add Hanson and Ledley to the list. I’m a fan of Ledley but we need energy and he doesn’t really have it. High wages and in a toss up between him and hudds its an easy decision

22 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Is having Thorne in the team based on the proviso that he has a fantastic pre season and raises his fitness levels considerably? On the basis of what we saw last season he is no where near ready to be a first team regular....shame because when at his best and fit pre injury he was one of the best central midfielders in the Championship and I am one of his biggest fans. Also in relation to Lowe, just watched the Shrewsbury play off final. Despite their first choice left back being out injured Lowe didn't play, they moved a central defender to left back....is he ready to be first choice left back..I hope he is....

I agree with both of those points to a degree.

i fear that thorne is finished. I watched a long interview with Gordon Hill recently. He mentioned that his career was effectively finished by a knee injury at Derby (for which the remedy apparently was to run up and down the stands carrying David Webb on his back. Treatment which just made it worse). He knew that he just didn't feel right and didn't trust his body and it messed his head up. I think thats where George is at. In the end Gordon Hill went to America and didn't really revover his form until he decided to just go for it and if his knee went again- so be it. I'd just like to see George given one last chance in a role where he has more freedom and responsibility than being cramped by a second holding player. If it doesn't work then so be it. But i'd like to see him given that chance. 

i also tend to agree that Lowe isn't yet ready. But sometimes players surprise you. I remember seeing giles barnes and paul williams as scrawny little gets, but they rapidly developed. My preference would be for a new left back. Joe Bryan at say £4m might be beyond us.  We don't yet know what the financial situation will be but something spooked Rowett, and therefore it may be a necessity to try Lowe because Fozzy looks as knackered as Thorne. 

Transition time.

Well I’m going into this with a clean clear head , I am not going to champion the cause of any of my/ our fans favs for returns or must be picks ,,, for me when if lampard comes in its time to let the fresh eyes look at our position and players we have without being clouded by sentiment,,, what we have experienced over the last few years is akin to mangers players being burdened by past incumbent s ,we see it all the time at clubs and it strangles them for long periods of time if allowed to.

we need to welcome the new manager and let him try to build his team and judge him on that and if he includes our favs so be it but if not ,just accept that he sees it differently and also bear in mind he will have to make some decisions in limited time frame based on not too great a knowledge of individual players strengths ,weaknesses and personality s 

24 minutes ago, archied said:

Well I’m going into this with a clean clear head , I am not going to champion the cause of any of my/ our fans favs for returns or must be picks ,,, for me when if lampard comes in its time to let the fresh eyes look at our position and players we have without being clouded by sentiment,,, what we have experienced over the last few years is akin to mangers players being burdened by past incumbent s ,we see it all the time at clubs and it strangles them for long periods of time if allowed to.

we need to welcome the new manager and let him try to build his team and judge him on that and if he includes our favs so be it but if not ,just accept that he sees it differently and also bear in mind he will have to make some decisions in limited time frame based on not too great a knowledge of individual players strengths ,weaknesses and personality s 

That’s what Rowett did. 

And then he sold Hughes and Ince. 

Theres an argument to be made for keeping some of the fan favs on the books to galvanise the dressing room and keep the fans onside. 

On 27/05/2018 at 12:02, RamNut said:

Martin

Huddlestone?

Depends what money is offered from Cardiff. If we get £3-4m+ I'm afraid it has to be accepted. Although fairly sure Burnley came sniffing at the same price after his impressive season and we held firm before giving a new contract, so maybe I'm dreaming regarding the fee but we should do all we can with any club in a league above to maximize our assets. 

If we get Lampard, can't help but think that Frank would admire what Bryson is about. Engine in midfield and scores goals arriving late into the box a la Lampard style.

Obviously all dependent on our manager situation but Bryson will look at it as win-win: 

Opportunity to play in the Prem or Stay at Derby where he has a great affiliation. 

Archived