New manager's objectives...

Parsnip

5 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

One more from me. It seems that there is a lot of call for Warburton, which is a fair shout. 

But it does make me laugh that mid season we were all laughing at Forest, trying to get one up on us saying they were playing nice football. And the easy retort was, ‘yeah, but we’re second, and your 16th, pretty will get you so far, but eventually you’ve got to score some goals’.

if the roles are reversed next season, we’re going to look like pretty big hypocrites, and will we have he strength if our convictions to stick with it, is the pretty football that important? Forest didn’t think so, and they sacked Warburton (and still didn’t score any goals ? ). 

At the time we played forest i said that I thought they played good football but they were almost a youth team and needed development...the potential was clearly there,though and even by forests standards,i was amazed they sacked him so quickly......

With the sound of our defence already in place,I think he could do good things here.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Loved what your saying mate really do but I just dont see that translating into reality, our fan base would go into meltdown with a midtable finish polished off with a couple of abject defeats to the red dogs 

Agreed.

For all the talk of being happy with mid-table finishes as long as we're playing good football, I don't buy it for a second that the fans won't become restless after a few poor results

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

At the time we played forest i said that I thought they played good football but they were almost a youth team and needed development...the potential was clearly there,though and even by forests standards,i was amazed they sacked him so quickly......

With the sound of our defence already in place,I think he could do good things here.

It's a fair point buddy 

I read this as to a reply to someone else's and u both make good points 

id like warburton but there is a niggle that in truth he landed on a good set up at Brentford pit in place by dean smith was it or whoever was there before him.

since then he's had rangers and forest and obviously hasn't faired so well.

i don't know on Warburton genuinely, he's one of my preferred but there's just that juggling doubt that is he actually that good ? 

Donr know  

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

It's a fair point buddy 

I read this as to a reply to someone else's and u both make good points 

id like warburton but there is a niggle that in truth he landed on a good set up at Brentford pit in place by dean smith was it or whoever was there before him.

since then he's had rangers and forest and obviously hasn't faired so well.

i don't know on Warburton genuinely, he's one of my preferred but there's just that juggling doubt that is he actually that good ? 

Donr know  

I'm in the same boat to be honest and the point you made about picking up a good squad at Brentford was also made by a friend...

I don't know enough about many of them really (apart from the old stagers)

Simmo currently way out in front 

on the list that's been presented him and dean smith are probably the two I can buy into the most 

I like simmo, he strikes me as quite articulate from what I could gather he was the driving force behind mclarens first stint being a little more cavalier ( I remember Mac saying it was simmo that told him to go for it away at Watford as he was about to bring on a defender to see it out, and we won it courtesy of mr sammon)

He's won things with England, he's got experience in the league and done well in the main.

im not champing for him but just saying I could buy into a simmo led derby county 

certainly more so than say Alex Neil or frank lampard 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Simmo currently way out in front 

on the list that's been presented him and dean smith are probably the two I can buy into the most 

I like simmo, he strikes me as quite articulate from what I could gather he was the driving force behind mclarens first stint being a little more cavalier ( I remember Mac saying it was simmo that told him to go for it away at Watford as he was about to bring on a defender to see it out, and we won it courtesy of mr sammon)

He's won things with England, he's got experience in the league and done well in the main.

im not champing for him but just saying I could buy into a simmo led derby county 

certainly more so than say Alex Neil or frank lampard 

Simpson is ineffectual mate .

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Simpson is ineffectual mate .

What makes u say that ?

just cureous ? 

Just Devils advocate 

did he take Rochdale out of league 2 for the first time in their history 

won the u19 World Cup etc etc 

some of the others mentioned for the job have v little on their cv 

lampard for one just screams clement all over again 

high profile rookie, derbys current situation is not one for a newbie to management who's a bit wet behind the ears learning the trade 

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

What makes u say that ?

just cureous ? 

Just Devils advocate 

did he take Rochdale out of league 2 for the first time in their history 

won the u19 World Cup etc etc 

some of the others mentioned for the job have v little on their cv 

lampard for one just screams clement all over again 

high profile rookie, derbys current situation is not one for a newbie to management who's a bit wet behind the ears learning the trade 

Simpson isn’t strong enough for the Derby job 

Ramage has no idea  

Get Nigel back. 

I expect 

sell for good profit 

be competitive 

be organised 

select younsters with ability and make them better

recruit from cheap - know the lower end market and find the bargains 

recruit very good loan players 

have a cv with automatic promotions on it

be a former international manager

so anyone out there apart from Mick McCarthy ? 

28 minutes ago, curtains said:

Simpson isn’t strong enough for the Derby job 

Ramage has no idea  

Get Nigel back. 

No, Ramage wasn't strong enough for the Derby job.

Simmo works differently, when you hear him talk about how they prepared and organised for the U20s WC...very impressive.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, Ramage wasn't strong enough for the Derby job.

Simmo works differently, when you hear him talk about how they prepared and organised for the U20s WC...very impressive.

With younger players maybe but didn’t cut it as manager at Preston, Shrewsbury and Stockport etc etc 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

With younger players maybe but didn’t cut it as manager at Preston, Shrewsbury and Stockport etc etc 

What di we want? Do we want our new manager to integrate and work better with younger players or not?

Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

6th with Rowett > 12th with Youth

All about results for me

Appreciate that some people might have different interests though

But with youth 12th then is built on, with Rowett what were we gonna do with his oaps? 

I hope we get someone who can work miracles and stops supporting the Rams being such a miserable experience. Hopefully, it will be someone who unites the fans, apart from the usual moaning suspects of course. They just love to complain come what may!

The main objective for me is to get the academy back involved with the first team and reduce our dependence on big earners.

Focus on shipping on the poor performers and replace them with young players - much like we did when we introduced Hendrick and Hughes into the team.

I think we could achieve a mid-table finish with a manager like Dean Smith and a side like this:

Carson
Wisdom    Keogh   Davies    Lowe
                      Thorne
            Elsnik             Guy
Thomas                          Lawrence
                      Martin

Move on:
Butterfield
Johnson
Anya
Vydra
Blackman
Pearce
Ledley

I don't mean them any ill will, especially Ledley and Vydra, whom I have a lot of love for! But it might be best to cash in whilst we can. The rest will be more difficult to get rid of, but we should give it a go in the name of rebuilding and introducing our young talent that have all done well on loan or in the U23's.

A bottom half finish, attacking football, and a strategy for bringing us long term success will do for me.

1 minute ago, KCG said:

I hope we get someone who can work miracles and stops supporting the Rams being such a miserable experience. Hopefully, it will be someone who unites the fans, apart from the usual moaning suspects of course. They just love to complain come what may!

Who do you mean? Fans that don't want to put up with Rowetts anti-football? 

Archived