I am so sorry guys

B4ev6is

I did everything I could to make it happen my heart was breaking with the lads at the end. I saw carson was crying which I fear his stay could be coming a end. I saw nugent at end of the game he was in tears I saw family members kepted my distance told get nice strong drink when he gets in. But he was willing to have a photo with me and muttered to me we are sorry to let you down. I told him you let know one down no one at all.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a rare uplifting story B4. Nobody doubts that the lads tried. I could see the passion in Scotty when I thought he was going to lamp that numpty that threw himself down (Kamara?)

They didn't WANT to lose, but they haven't been given enough to win. Whether its good coaching, helpful tactics, fitness or whatever. I hope the letter players want to stick it out but isn't this Scotts 2nd playoff disappointment with us? Perhaps his patience is wearing thin?

A Fulham chap in the office stopped by to wish us well - he was at the game last night. And said whilst we played well, we just couldn't change or step it up in reaction to adverse circumstances. Difficult to be churlish at fans like that so I wished him well for the final. He's gutted that he's on family holiday so will miss it!

One year it will be our year......

How many of this present Derby squad would have played in next years premiership had we won the playoffs?

How many players look at an uncertain future should they go up?

How many premiership clubs will come in for Derby players next season?

I have no doubt the players tried the best they could. 

Maybe for some players first team football with Derby in the championship is better than a season on the bench in the premiership or being loaned out to Scunthorpe etc. 

If Derby want to go up they need a squad that wants and is capable of playing at the next level. 

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I did everything I could to make it happen my heart was breaking with the lads at the end. I saw carson was crying which I fear his stay could be coming a end. I saw nugent at end of the game he was in tears I saw family members kepted my distance told get nice strong drink when he gets in. But he was willing to have a photo with me and muttered to me we are sorry to let you down. I told him you let know one down no one at all.

As previously said B4 you have let no one down. 

The world and this forum should be inspired by the positivity you have and we can only wish that half the posters on here shared it. 

Chin up B4 one day it will be derby's day 

Mate supporting a club like Derby is a lifetime of ups and downs mostly downs.We ain't big enough to win things on a regular basis , so enjoy the good bits when you can and when we are **** ie the rest of the time just have a good time with your family and mates in the pub or whatever before and after the match.

Just enjoy match days or support Man U /Man City [only joking] 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

2am

But about 2 hours after coach 1 should have left at.

We arrived in Belper at 2.00am and that was taking the tube back to Stanmore and the M1.

So was you delayed at Fulham coming back then?

9 hours ago, HantsRam said:

That's a rare uplifting story B4. Nobody doubts that the lads tried. I could see the passion in Scotty when I thought he was going to lamp that numpty that threw himself down (Kamara?)

They didn't WANT to lose, but they haven't been given enough to win. Whether its good coaching, helpful tactics, fitness or whatever. I hope the letter players want to stick it out but isn't this Scotts 2nd playoff disappointment with us? Perhaps his patience is wearing thin?

A Fulham chap in the office stopped by to wish us well - he was at the game last night. And said whilst we played well, we just couldn't change or step it up in reaction to adverse circumstances. Difficult to be churlish at fans like that so I wished him well for the final. He's gutted that he's on family holiday so will miss it!

One year it will be our year......

We weren't good enough. Getting overtaken by other ambitious clubs now, ones with strong financial backing as well. It's a shame that Mel's initial enthusiasm hasn't paid off, but we are starting to look very much an established championship club. 

Archived