The Kasey Palmer Situation

Parsnip

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Parsnip said:

If there's one thing we have achieved this season, it's that we've sent out a very clear message to all the top Premier league clubs that this is not the place to send your exciting, creative young players for development.

I was buzzing when we got him on deadline day but Kasey Palmer has sat and watched all season while Lawrence is relentlessly selected regardless of form.

How has Kasey Palmer benefited from his time here? How have we benefited? Does Lookman feel like he's dodged a bullet? 

The fact that Palmer, along with the likes of Hughes, is not a 'Derby Type' player is the hardest thing to accept from my point of view.

Couldnt agree more. Who would want to play for Derby and their boring brand of football. Creativity is seen as a negative thing by Rowett.

39 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

This is true, but he turned up at Pride Park to watch the game against Forest earlier this season and was down the pub with the Rams fans last night. I think @TheHomunculusLives has a point.

No doubting he loves the club but Weybridge is not local.. 

Wish he was back, even better never left.

5 hours ago, KCG said:

It had to be something like that, but the fans always but always know better.

What gets me is that even after you posted that, we have had the usual suspects moaning!

I haven't posted about kasey palmer, but what exactly does 'nursing a knee injury amount to , could be anything including an anti-criticism defence strategy. Why keep it quiet?

2 hours ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Couldnt agree more. Who would want to play for Derby and their boring brand of football. Creativity is seen as a negative thing by Rowett.

Or in front of really supportive fans

Still thinking about what could have been if we had signed Lookman.

If hes scoring regular and tearing up the bundersliga.... was obviously too good for us anyway.

But at least hes an actual natural wide man, which Palmer, weimann, and lawrence are not.

Getting 1 or 2 natural wide attackin midfielders has to be GRs priority, otherwise the wing backs will be here to stay to provide us width.

On 15/05/2018 at 09:56, Parsnip said:

If there's one thing we have achieved this season, it's that we've sent out a very clear message to all the top Premier league clubs that this is not the place to send your exciting, creative young players for development.

I was buzzing when we got him on deadline day but Kasey Palmer has sat and watched all season while Lawrence is relentlessly selected regardless of form.

How has Kasey Palmer benefited from his time here? How have we benefited? Does Lookman feel like he's dodged a bullet? 

The fact that Palmer, along with the likes of Hughes, is not a 'Derby Type' player is the hardest thing to accept from my point of view.

Lookman has done really well at leipzig chasing champions league qualification (but coming short), hes scored, assisted, and started games consistantly, whereas Burke who went there a year ago didnt get any game time.

3 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Still thinking about what could have been if we had signed Lookman.

If hes scoring regular and tearing up the bundersliga.... was obviously too good for us anyway.

But at least hes an actual natural wide man, which Palmer, weimann, and lawrence are not.

Getting 1 or 2 natural wide attackin midfielders has to be GRs priority, otherwise the wing backs will be here to stay to provide us width.

I still think about what could’ve been if not for bobby ******* Zamora. 

We’d still be in the premier league now. Hughes would’ve been playing regular premier league football for 3 seasons. He’d be in the plane to Russia. 

And I would definitely be a millionaire by now, probably. 

Bobby ******* Zamora!

28 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I still think about what could’ve been if not for bobby ******* Zamora. 

We’d still be in the premier league now. Hughes would’ve been playing regular premier league football for 3 seasons. He’d be in the plane to Russia. 

And I would definitely be a millionaire by now, probably. 

Bobby ******* Zamora!

Buxton would have won the Player of the year award by now too or maybe like mcKay in the late 60s, it would have to settle for a shared award with one of Mahrez, Kante or Salah. 

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

Buxton would have won the Player of the year award by now too or maybe like mcKay in the late 60s, it would have to settle for a shared award with one of Mahrez, Kante or Salah. 

There’s a parallel universe somewhere where all this has come to pass. I want to live there. 

On 15/05/2018 at 09:56, Parsnip said:

I want to give GR the benefit of doubt and see how he gets on next season. However I have found it difficult to see any logic in having a great player like Palmer at the club and not utilising him.  

Totally disagree with the OP. Leicester got some good loans after Harry Kane!

Some loans just don’t fit regardless of talent. Mac wouldn’t play Jesse Lingard because he couldn’t trust him not to lose the ball, it’s the same with Palmer.

He will go on to be a top player but wasn’t right for us, as Lingard wasn’t.

Archived