I'm the most purist fan me

ariotofmyown

Who considers themselves the best purist fan?  

People used to show off about been the most committed fan, never miss a game, go home and away, support the team through thick and thin. Philistines!

Now the bestest fans are the ones whose ingrained belief of a certain type of football is more important than winning.

They have watched the great Barca and Spanish sides and know that this is the only way to play football and be succesful. Man City have shown us this year what you can achieve purely by playing football the right and only way. Even Wolves this season managed to cobble together a team who did something similar.

I'm so pure that I don't recognise results from team who don't play in the style that god intended. Leicester never won the league, Cardiff are still in the Championship and we've got zero points for that horrific 5-0 'win' vs Hull this season. This years champions league final has been cancelled.

My two stupid kids have got really into following Derby and hilariously had a good time I took them to the matches at home to Forest and Bolton. What hope do we have when young kids favour results over footballing correctness.

We are the famous Derby County for Pep's sake, famous all over the world for our beautiful football and huge success it brings, like in Steve Mac's first season where we thrilled the land with our totally world class football and will remain my keystone now forever more.

I'm so happy we lost last night as football won, and what's the point in supporting a team and caring about results.

Fkin love football, fkin love football, playing in the sky, wanna makes we die, fkin love football.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

People used to show off about been the most committed fan, never miss a game, go home and away, support the team through thick and thin. Philistines!

Now the bestest fans are the ones whose ingrained belief of a certain type of football is more important than winning.

They have watched the great Barca and Spanish sides and know that this is the only way to play football and be succesful. Man City have shown us this year what you can achieve purely by playing football the right and only way. Even Wolves this season managed to cobble together a team who did something similar.

I'm so pure that I don't recognise results from team who don't play in the style that god intended. Leicester never won the league, Cardiff are still in the Championship and we've got zero points for that horrific 5-0 'win' vs Hull this season. This years champions league final has been cancelled.

My two stupid kids have got really into following Derby and hilariously had a good time I took them to the matches at home to Forest and Bolton. What hope do we have when young kids favour results over footballing correctness.

We are the famous Derby County for Pep's sake, famous all over the world for our beautiful football and huge success it brings, like in Steve Mac's first season where we thrilled the land with our totally world class football and will remain my keystone now forever more.

I'm so happy we lost last night as football won, and what's the point in supporting a team and caring about results.

Fkin love football, fkin love football, playing in the sky, wanna makes we die, fkin love football.

Funny and brutal in equal measures ?

4 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yawn.

Would have been a cracking post, had we won last night, however we didn’t, we got battered, leaving the ground with a sense of inevitability that we havd just been played off the park by the mighty Fulham.

We did manage a couple of shots on target though, we even managed to beat our possession stats from the first leg and made it over 30%, I also bet that we had players who run more than any other, I wonder if we could ask for a spot in the PL based upon that, if not we have always got the TV analysts who gave us a pat on the back for stifling Fulham’s play for so long and only losing by the odd goal.

So instead let’s shout from the roof tops how entertaining football doesn’t matter, and that results do, how my kids enjoyed a match or two along the way, and how we managed to beat Hull 5-0 in that one match, and we were that close to Wembley after finishing the 6th best team in the second tier of English football a whole 13 points behind 3rd.  Let’s forget about the dire performances, the tactics deployed, getting rid of our best youth talent we have produced for years for peanuts because he doesn’t suit our style of play, leaving our top goal scorer on the bench when an early goal would have helped us get a positive result and focus on the plus sides....which are that it’s results that counts.

Only one problem, we neither played football or got the results.  

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Would have been a cracking post, had we won last night, however we didn’t, we got battered, leaving the ground with a sense of inevitability that we havd just been played off the park by the mighty Fulham.

We did manage a couple of shots on target though, we even managed to beat our possession stats from the first leg and made it over 30%, I also bet that we had players who run more than any other, I wonder if we could ask for a spot in the PL based upon that, if not we have always got the TV analysts who gave us a pat on the back for stifling Fulham’s play for so long and only losing by the odd goal.

So instead let’s shout from the roof tops how entertaining football doesn’t matter, and that results do, how my kids enjoyed a match or two along the way, and how we managed to beat Hull 5-0 in that one match, and we were that close to Wembley after finishing the 6th best team in the second tier of English football a whole 13 points behind 3rd.  Let’s forget about the dire performances, the tactics deployed, getting rid of our best youth talent we have produced for years for peanuts because he doesn’t suit our style of play, leaving our top goal scorer on the bench when an early goal would have helped us get a positive result and focus on the plus sides....which are that it’s results that counts.

And that's the crux of it

If we were winning,that would keep many fans happy

If we're playing great football,many other fans would be happy

If we were doing both,everyone would be happy

But we are doing neither,so no-ones happy 

Worst of all worlds,not being entertained and getting hammered ?.

9 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

You can't say all that.... ? who the hell are you.

11 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Fantastic post. Agree with every word of it.

Who are these fools who value good football? Everybody knows it's only the results and nothing else that matter to real fans;

Mac 1 - 54.26% win = sacked

Clement - 42.42% win = sacked

Wassall - 50% win = not retained

Mac 2 - 44.83% win = sacked

Rowett - 43.1% zzzzzz = lord and saviour! 10/10 #rightdirection

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Who are these fools who value good football? Everybody knows it's only the results and nothing else that matter to real fans;

Mac 1 - 54.26% win = sacked

Clement - 42.42% win = sacked

Wassall - 50% win = not retained

Mac 2 - 44.83% win = sacked

Rowett - 43.1% zzzzzz = lord and saviour! 10/10 #rightdirection

You can stop that with your stats...

The rowettites will go all quiet on you.

It's pretty pertinent though isn't it.....just how is he an improvement????

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's those stats that are the crux of the matter for me. Rowett fans repeatedly say that 6th is good enough, and I'd be inclined to agree, but our chairman has repeatedly signalled this is not the case and nothing but promotion will do by sacking managers who have performed just as well or better than Rowett.

Believe it or not, I don't actually want Rowett sacked. The club needs stability. I just wish the owner had realised this when one of the several managers who played better football than Rowett had still been here.

2 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Would be a great post...... ask a Cardiff fan how they feel right now.....

34 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

but how do you change the stats going forward in order to get promotion, Keep sacking managers until you find one who can achieve what the other 3 or 4 couldn't achieve?  I don't have an answer but sacking them doesn't appear to be a solution

Archived