NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

no point spending $84 million on a QB or trying to run the ball if your O line is pathetic. Needs to be addressed for next season.

been reading De Fillippo is favourite for the Browns job...well he will probably be available for next season. Playcalling has been poor at best.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

no point spending $84 million on a QB or trying to run the ball if your O line is pathetic. Needs to be addressed for next season.

been reading De Fillippo is favourite for the Browns job...well he will probably be available for next season. Playcalling has been poor at best.

Ooooo hadnt seen that news @David 

had it down as a certainty that he wouldn’t be still in Minnesota for next season, but they’ve pulled the trigger early. 

It’s been a bit of a disaster, we have some big issues with the o line, but with the talent we have on offence we should be producing more. Play calling has been poor, using Dalvin Cook for inside short yard runs, when he’s not very good at it, instead of Murray when that’s Murray’s game has been the most obviously baffling, but we’ve been too east to play, and it’s been obvious for weeks Zimmer wasn’t happy with what his OC was doing, announce before the Seattle game that he was going to be more involved in offensive play calls. The writing was on the wall then.

be interesting to see how we go in the last 3, Dolphins home, Lions away and Bears home who will have qualified already by then are 3 winnable games, win all 3 and we’d take the 6th spot.

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

What with the Saturday games this week?

Last 3 weeks (I think?) have games flexxed to Saturday for national viewing in the USA. Cos late-season, more games have impact on everyone so there's more potential viewers, so they want more national slots than Thu night, Sunday lunch, Sunday night, Monday night.

52 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Last 3 weeks (I think?) have games flexxed to Saturday for national viewing in the USA. Cos late-season, more games have impact on everyone so there's more potential viewers, so they want more national slots than Thu night, Sunday lunch, Sunday night, Monday night.

It's mainly because the lack of College games too... 

20 minutes ago, Srg said:

It's mainly because the lack of College games too... 

True! College games are on Saturdays. Slipped my mind, despite the fact I watch them every week they're on.

That probably spikes the viewership far more than the importance of the games.

Good input, youth.

Saints have released Brandon Marshall after precisely one month with the team.

Good contribution. Not a great sign for your career when you're being kept out of a team by Austin Carr, Keith Kirkwood and Tommy Lee-Lewis

Picked up Erik Swoope from waivers, who was recently let go by the Colts. Could be a useful addition - huge frame. Decent red-zone option, which we largely lack. 

Not too interested in any of those, hopefully there's some good ones released as the away teams. Rams will be decent but they were only here last year so not fussed about seeing them again, the rest - meh. 

Give us a Saints/Chiefs/Pats/Green Bay please. Would love to see TB, A Rod or Brees in the flesh. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Not too interested in any of those, hopefully there's some good ones released as the away teams. Rams will be decent but they were only here last year so not fussed about seeing them again, the rest - meh. 

Give us a Saints/Chiefs/Pats/Green Bay please. Would love to see TB, A Rod or Brees in the flesh. 

Just chatting with my friend about these - I think Rams will be in Mexico again as that's where they were supposed to be this year.

Jags will be one of the spurs games, you'd imagine.

I'm hoping for Chargers v Saints or Raiders v Saints at Wembley (Buccs/Saints cant happen) cos my mate'll get me a ticket ? 

Also, Rivers and Brees are good friends so that would be a good matchup to watch.

2 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

The home teams are pretty much always going to be the same few, eg the teams who don’t have big support and don’t mind giving up a home game.

I wouldn’t want the Vikings to give a home game up myself, as nice as it would to see them live.

3 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

The home teams are pretty much always going to be the same few, eg the teams who don’t have big support and don’t mind giving up a home game.

I wouldn’t want the Vikings to give a home game up myself, as nice as it would to see them live.

Aye, there's some big personalities at board level who probably won't allow their teams to lose a home game.

From the games I've seen over here there's not much if any advantage having a home game as one of the International ones. The Jags/Eagles one was embarrassing this year, especially as the Jags are meant to be the UK team!

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Teams with temporary homes have to give up a home game for international series so it’s always going to be the same few... Rams/chargers for example until the new stadium is built 

Archived