NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Rams don't sort themselves out soon, Bears will take the #2 Seed. They have the tiebreaker on the Rams if they end up with matching records.

@jimbo jones you're just hoping at this point that the Eagles resurgence under Foles is a flash-in-the-pan - I don't see the Redskins winning again, but the Eagles could.

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

If Rams don't sort themselves out soon, Bears will take the #2 Seed. They have the tiebreaker on the Rams if they end up with matching records.

@jimbo jones you're just hoping at this point that the Eagles resurgence under Foles is a flash-in-the-pan - I don't see the Redskins winning again, but the Eagles could.

It’s in our hands, 2 wins does the job. 2 divisional games to finish isn’t ideal. We should beat the Lions though.

The Bears resting players is looking more unlikely with a possible number 2 seed in their grasp, but if we build on yesterday and play the way that Vikings team should, and just get Diggs & Thielen a bit more involved we can beat the Bears at US Bank. They only beat us by 5 points at Soldier Field and we were terrible that day.

#stayingoptimistic ??

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

It’s in our hands, 2 wins does the job. 2 divisional games to finish isn’t ideal. We should beat the Lions though.

The Bears resting players is looking more unlikely with a possible number 2 seed in their grasp, but if we build on yesterday and play the way that Vikings team should, and just get Diggs & Thielen a bit more involved we can beat the Bears at US Bank. They only beat us by 5 points at Soldier Field and we were terrible that day.

#stayingoptimistic ??

I don't see the Bears getting #2 seed, unless the Rams drop a major egg. Rams are against 49ers and Cardinals to see out the season. It's become possible, but only with a complete Rams collapse (or, I suppose, a complete Saints collapse).

What you need is for the Bears to not win v 49ers - as unlikely as it is. Then they will 100% rest up v Vikings.

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I don't see the Bears getting #2 seed, unless the Rams drop a major egg. Rams are against 49ers and Cardinals to see out the season. It's become possible, but only with a complete Rams collapse (or, I suppose, a complete Saints collapse).

What you need is for the Bears to not win v 49ers - as unlikely as it is. Then they will 100% rest up v Vikings.

You obviously didn't watch the game last night. We're imploding!

The Oline is disintegrating in front of our eyes, Gurley is playing with a knee injury and Goof looks like Bambi.

On top of that, Brockers and Suh are doing nothing when Donald is tying up 2, sometimes 3, defenders.

Suh has been awful for the money he's being paid.

The Rams absolutely could lose out. Having said that, the Bears finish with a road trip to Minnesota that the Vikings will almost have to win to make a wild card.

6 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

You obviously didn't watch the game last night. We're imploding!

The Oline is disintegrating in front of our eyes, Gurley is playing with a knee injury and Goof looks like Bambi.

On top of that, Brockers and Suh are doing nothing when Donald is tying up 2, sometimes 3, defenders.

Suh has been awful for the money he's being paid.

The Rams absolutely could lose out. Having said that, the Bears finish with a road trip to Minnesota that the Vikings will almost have to win to make a wild card.

Bears have to win out though, unless you lose to BOTH the 49ers and Cards - the 49ers is POSSIBLE but the Cards? They're beyond awful.

I'd be shocked if even an imploding Rams team can lose to them.

I'm just praying for a Saints win tonight so we have a game of breathing space when playing the Steelers.

Yeah, Rams looked terrible last night for the most part. It's a huge shame, but at the moment I don't think 2nd or 3rd seed matters too much. The Lions wrote the script and came close, but more capable teams in the Bears & Eagles have perfected it. Unless we can come up with a plan to deviate it, we're going to struggle regardless of who we come up against. 

I guess I should have expected that any team called the Rams would come with a close association with bottling it. 

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

A bit more optimism please Rams fans, you’re not helping my stress levels ?

I'm a generally optimistic person - so I didn't quite feel the same as these lads when the Saints got bitched by the 'Boys and almost by the Buccs. They're really upping my confidence in the Saints getting the #1 seed to dangerously high levels ? 

Losing to the Panthers tonight would bring me down with a bump.

If that happens and something bad happens with Derby tonight my Tuesday's gonna be really bloody drab.

17 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm a generally optimistic person - so I didn't quite feel the same as these lads when the Saints got bitched by the 'Boys and almost by the Buccs. They're really upping my confidence in the Saints getting the #1 seed to dangerously high levels ? 

Losing to the Panthers tonight would bring me down with a bump.

If that happens and something bad happens with Derby tonight my Tuesday's gonna be really bloody drab.

A Derby & Saints double will do me ? just let Cam knock up a few points along the way for me.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Bears have to win out though, unless you lose to BOTH the 49ers and Cards - the 49ers is POSSIBLE but the Cards? They're beyond awful.

I'd be shocked if even an imploding Rams team can lose to them.

I'm just praying for a Saints win tonight so we have a game of breathing space when playing the Steelers.

Nope, if we beat the Cards and lose to the 9ers and the Bears win out they win on a tiebreaker.

So many times are tripping into the playoffs that it's crazily wide open.

Neither the Saints, Chiefs, Pats or Rams are exactly peaking at the right time.

If I had to bet my house on a team now I'd probably pick the Chargers, especially if the Chiefs slip up and hand the bye to them.

Having said that I'd not be at all surprised to see any wild card team win it this year.

47 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

A bit more optimism please Rams fans, you’re not helping my stress levels ?

I wish I could think of something to =be optimistic about.

If Gurley is injured then we're down to our 4th string running back who has had a grand total of 3 carries in his 2 year NFL career.

It's Goff's demeanor that worries me most though, he just looks utterly lost very much as he did in his first season.

8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Nope, if we beat the Cards and lose to the 9ers and the Bears win out they win on a tiebreaker.

That's what I said - the Bears have to win out. The only way they avoid having to win out is if you lose both your games. 

Bears winning out is less likely than the Rams winning both their games, imo. Bears have the Vikings in Minnesota.

30 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

A Derby & Saints double will do me ? just let Cam knock up a few points along the way for me.

I have Curtis Samuel on my team so I'm not sitting here hoping for a shutout. Although I would absolutely celebrate a shutout. 

Archived