NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

9 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

So many times are tripping into the playoffs that it's crazily wide open.

Neither the Saints, Chiefs, Pats or Rams are exactly peaking at the right time.

If I had to bet my house on a team now I'd probably pick the Chargers, especially if the Chiefs slip up and hand the bye to them.

Having said that I'd not be at all surprised to see any wild card team win it this year.

I'm firmly of the opinion that if the Saints don't go to the SB, the Bears will.

I think the AFC is Chargers or Pats - I don't think KC gets there.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

That's what I said - the Bears have to win out. The only way they avoid having to win out is if you lose both your games. 

Bears winning out is less likely than the Rams winning both their games, imo. Bears have the Vikings in Minnesota.

I have Curtis Samuel on my team so I'm not sitting here hoping for a shutout. Although I would absolutely celebrate a shutout. 

A bit like me with Kenny Stills last night. He did manage 1 catch in the end and it shouldn’t really matter.

i fancy a Bears/chargers Super Bowl at this point, but also feel it could be Saints/Steelers.

it will be neither ??

18 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Just let Cam do enough for me, and almost certainly ended the panthers play off challenge ?

Don't know how - Panthers only managed one offensive score all game - a TD that was thrown by McCaffrey ? - Cam must have been under 10 pts.

Just now, jimbo jones said:

4.74 points ? somehow by less than a point, that was enough.

?

I take great comfort in this period of complete offensive ineptitude from the Saints, due to our hurt O-Line and not having a #2 receiver (or #3, #4, #5 etc.) - that our defense has been dominant. 

If we can beat the Steelers (HUGE if), we then have two free weeks to get our guys healthy before the next game that matters.

29 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

?

I take great comfort in this period of complete offensive ineptitude from the Saints, due to our hurt O-Line and not having a #2 receiver (or #3, #4, #5 etc.) - that our defense has been dominant. 

If we can beat the Steelers (HUGE if), we then have two free weeks to get our guys healthy before the next game that matters.

Just watched the highlights, a game strewn with errors. If you let Lutz kick the extra point I would have lost. Seems a bit rubbish that you run the length of the field and only get 2 points to show for it ?

8 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Just watched the highlights, a game strewn with errors. If you let Lutz kick the extra point I would have lost. Seems a bit rubbish that you run the length of the field and only get 2 points to show for it ?

Yeah - cos its not a down, different phase of the game. 

4 point swing though - and with Tommy Lee-Lewis (our #3 reciever, who, on any other team would fail to get out of the practice squad), fumbling through the endzone for a touchback, we almost threw the whole game away.

Also, I hadn't realised quite how many Brees passes were hitting their mark until I looked into this game - the drop rate is absurd from everyone who isn't Thomas, Kamara or Ingram.

8 hours ago, David said:

So the best I can do is 7th where I finished in the regular season, well the play offs were fun. 

I’ll take it.

And to all you long time NFL fans that finished below me....

292E71CE-1D19-45C3-B7B6-D9211028FDCF.gif

Based on this season alone, I’d say you are now an NFL fan who is hooked. Far too much interest for someone just here to ‘show us how it’s done’. And I’m pleased about this, welcome aboard the NFL train

On 18/12/2018 at 04:37, SaintRam said:

Yeah - cos its not a down, different phase of the game. 

4 point swing though - and with Tommy Lee-Lewis (our #3 reciever, who, on any other team would fail to get out of the practice squad), fumbling through the endzone for a touchback, we almost threw the whole game away.

Also, I hadn't realised quite how many Brees passes were hitting their mark until I looked into this game - the drop rate is absurd from everyone who isn't Thomas, Kamara or Ingram.

Drops tend to come in batches like that and I shouldn't worry.

Whereas Goff's form is definitely worrying because he is in full on imploding mode.

On the NFL channel this morning David Diehl said he showed a still of one of Goff's interceptions and asked a friend what he thought was about to happem. He responded that it looked like two punt returners back there just hanging around waiting for the ball to arrive.

When I booked air flights and the hotel we'd beaten the Lions, albeit shakily and were 11-1, 3 games up on the Beras with 4 games left and very winnable games against the Eagles, Cards and 49ers.

Just beating the Bears would have been enough ffs, but now I think there's a real chance we lose the 2 seed. And if we do, the odds of us falling into the playoffs on the back of 4 losses and doing anything is slim to none.

There's a load of teams peaking at the right time, the Colts, Seahawks, Houston, Dallas (before last week), San Diego and maybe even the Vikings. Whereas the Rams are sliding back as I think are the Chiefs. I doubt they win in Seattle and that will probably have them in as a wildcard in all probability.

I'd be happier if I was a Saints fan because even though they O has hit a skid the D can give them enough time for Brees to do something. He won't be buckling under pressure like Goff.

For the last 5 years every SuperBowl bar one has included the 2 #1 seeds, and the one who didn't make it, Atlanta, was the #2.

Teams occasionally get through from the wild card round, (Giants and Raiders have done it, as have  I *think* the packers0, but it's hard.

I see a New Orleans v Chargers Super Bowl, which if the Rams were already out, I'd be looking forward to. Rivers is in danger of being the best QB not named Dan Marino that never won a Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

We could do with getting in the bottom half of that NFC draw. Seahawks playing the Chiefs this week, so it’s a possibility as long as we do our bit.

BBD4BEE8-F9F5-4807-9E17-F405273519DB.jpeg

Bears could move into the lower bracket, yet. Replacing the Rams.

5 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I think I'd rather face the Bears than the Rams, weirdly. 

The bears have 26 INTs this season. 26! 

Along with 45 sacks and I think 10 fumble recoveries? 

Dak would get utterly dominated, imo, you'd have a much better chance attempting to contain the Rams offense like you did the Saints.

Archived