NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Around that sort of era and earlier I think so, but it's still a pretty interesting feat.

NFL was crazy low scoring for a long time, and if someone did score high often the opposing team managed barely anything.
Low scoring games didn't start being uncommon until fairly recently in the grand scheme. 

Trust me even then it was weird! 

Of course it was nothing like it is now. 

The Bears pitched back to back shutouts (one against the Rams) in the 85 playoffs, but they still scored 20+ each time.

Shutouts were far more common, but games without a single TD were very rare even then.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Around that sort of era and earlier I think so, but it's still a pretty interesting feat.

NFL was crazy low scoring for a long time, and if someone did score high often the opposing team managed barely anything.
Low scoring games didn't start being uncommon until fairly recently in the grand scheme. 

Do you get all the Prime Time games live in the UK? Sunday, Thursday and Monday?

We've lived here almost 13 years and looking to move back home next year. I'm already stressing about not getting to see every Rams game live on TV ?. Plus I usually go to one game in person and that will probably disappear too. 

When we left, Sky (I think, maybe it was Channel 4) only showed two games on a Sunday. 

@Mr Tibbs If you mean the Cowboys, I'm hoping you step it up tonight.

10 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Do you get all the Prime Time games live in the UK? Sunday, Thursday and Monday?

We've lived here almost 13 years and looking to move back home next year. I'm already stressing about not getting to see every Rams game live on TV ?. Plus I usually go to one game in person and that will probably disappear too. 

When we left, Sky (I think, maybe it was Channel 4) only showed two games on a Sunday. 

The NFL has a subscription called GamePass for europeans to get every game live via their website (as well as full replays, highlights, condensed games and access to NFL Network shows);

Although Sky's showing of the NFL has increased exponentially over the last few years - to the heavy detriment of my GamePass subscription this season, as Sky keep flexing the Saints and you can't watch a game on GamePass if it's being televised in your country.

So it's certainly more complicated than being in the states where access to your team's game is easy to find.

10 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

On Sky Sports we get 3 games on the Sunday, Monday night, Thursday night, Redzone (coverage/clips of all games) plus various other content.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The NFL has a subscription called GamePass for europeans to get every game live via their website (as well as full replays, highlights, condensed games and access to NFL Network shows);

Although Sky's showing of the NFL has increased exponentially over the last few years - to the heavy detriment of my GamePass subscription this season, as Sky keep flexing the Saints and you can't watch a game on GamePass if it's being televised in your country.

So it's certainly more complicated than being in the states where access to your team's game is easy to find.

But surely if they flex it you just get the chance to watch it on TV??

We've been flexed next week against da Bears over here. Our toughest game for the run in.

3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

But surely if they flex it you just get the chance to watch it on TV??

We've been flexed next week against da Bears over here. Our toughest game for the run in.

I don't subscribe to Sky, its expensive af - and I don't watch TV. I watch Derby and the Saints, and that's the only TV I watch other than like... a movie or some late night poo cos I'm struggling to sleep ? 

24 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Indeed. So do I. Our DEF are going to have to be on it tonight to keep them within distance of our inconsistent O. 

I wasn't going to stay up tonight but stuff it. There's 7 dark months of football-less time to catch up on a bit of sleep. 

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Indeed. So do I. Our DEF are going to have to be on it tonight to keep them within distance of our inconsistent O. 

I wasn't going to stay up tonight but stuff it. There's 7 dark months of football-less time to catch up on a bit of sleep. 

I think I'll be up and then be a zombie tomorrow ? 

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I can't stand the Cowboys, they're a notch under the Pats, 9ers and Seahawks for me.

And I actually don't mind the Saints even if they were a division rival at one time, but I'll be pulling for Dallas tonight.

We (the Rams) need that number 1 seed because I don't fancy having to go back into the Big Easy again.

All 4 pale into insignificance to the scrotum holes that are the Packers ?

Well played to your Cowboys @Mr Tibbs - was as close as expected. We were always going to lose a couple this season - we aint the Patriots. 

Awful officiating, but probably balanced in terms of which team favoured the bad calls.

Our offense was due a bad game.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Well played to your Cowboys @Mr Tibbs - was as close as expected. We were always going to lose a couple this season - we aint the Patriots. 

Awful officiating, but probably balanced in terms of which team favoured the bad calls.

Our offense was due a bad game.

Yeah we did well overall. Incapable of pulling away but I think that’s just how it’s going to be this year, nail biting to the end. Both O’s shut out in either half so obviously a good couple of Defenses. 

Unlike Brees at the end there, I won’t complain though! Hopefully he finds his mojo again next week, preferably with his mate Thomas as he’s scored me nada this week in another league.

Big win with Philly and Washington playing each other this week, one of them will go 6-6 so to go 7-5 in a game we didn’t expect a win in is big. 

Officiating was well below par, haven’t seen a performance as bad as that for a while. 

Archived