Vydra 17/18 POTY

Day

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigbadbob said:

I know Lads and I'll miss him too but just think what we could do with all that cash. We could get 7 or 8 over 30 yr olds for that kind of cash

Mate I meant in the playoffs. 

Vydra drives us on through 

It’s by no means undeserved. I would’ve had Curtis Davies. Feels like he’s been our most consistent player throughout the season. And I hope he’s our captain next season. 

But you can’t argue with Vyds and his 20 goals. One of which was under 30 seconds, if I remember rightly....?...can’t remember against who though.....??

42 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

I know Lads and I'll miss him too but just think what we could do with all that cash. We could get 7 or 8 over 30 yr olds for that kind of cash

Or 3 or 4 60 year olds, depends on Rowett's plan. 

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Anybody that can score that many goals in such a negative formation thoroughly deserves his award. Well done Vyds. His goals to shot ratio was phenomenal earlier on in the season.

Yeah, Gary has very negatively made Vydra the player of the year! Name a Derby manager who has got more out of Vydra.

His strike against Colin City was a work of art...the ball came to him from Wisdom, he was 20 yards out; he didn't even need to look up to see where the goal was and with no perceptible back-lift he met the ball with his right foot and bang!...the ball travelled like a pellet from a rifle - flat with a hard, low trajectory barely a few millimetres off the turf and the net umphed! as if it was a boxer hit full-on into the solar plexus with a hammer-blow. From Vydra's foot to the back of the net in about a nanosecond; reminiscent of Charlie George's disdainful ricochet into Real Madrid's onion-bag. Like a sniper's bullet, clinical and merciless, it was un-calculated and purely instinctive. Vydra's shot was final and unblemished. The most complete and faultless strike that you are ever likely to see. Unstoppable and deadly. Vydra's finishing has been a football oasis in a largely arid, parched, dull-desert of a season. Thank you Matej.  

1 hour ago, KCG said:

Yeah, Gary has very negatively made Vydra the player of the year! Name a Derby manager who has got more out of Vydra.

Fair play GR has had the awareness to play him in a position that actually suits his game. However Vydra has scored goals before at this level so you can hardly attribute all his success to Rowett. I think it's more a case of Vydra keeping GR in a job with how clinical he's been. It's not as though Rowett has taken a rough diamond and polished it up. Vydras class was already there but if you want to believe that he's some kind of tactical genius that has turned Vyds into a world beater then that's your prerogative. 

Archived