Vydra 17/18 POTY

Day

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Fair play GR has had the awareness to play him in a position that actually suits his game. However Vydra has scored goals before at this level so you can hardly attribute all his success to Rowett. I think it's more a case of Vydra keeping GR in a job with how clinical he's been. It's not as though Rowett has taken a rough diamond and polished it up. Vydras class was already there but if you want to believe that he's some kind of tactical genius that has turned Vyds into a world beater then that's your prerogative. 

Vydra has never scored 20 goals in a season, this is his best season as a professional. In fact this is only the second third season in his career he has hit double figures. 

If you watch interviews with him, he credits Rowett with giving him a free role going forward and getting the best out of him. 

Rowett has also spoken about putting his arm around him, building his confidence as his head is goes down when things are not going his way.

Sometimes it’s more than tactics. These are real people as well as footballers.

Maybe, just maybe Rowett deserves a tiny bit of credit from us all on this one for polishing him up, and not the garden knome at Moor Farm that’s lucky Vydra took it upon himself to have a blinding season he’s made out to be. Maybe.

Certainly doesn’t deserve more criticism in a thread that should be to congratulate Vydra on his goals.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Vydra has never scored 20 goals in a season, this is his best season as a professional. In fact this is only the second season in his career he has hit double figures. 

Apart from 2012/13? Didn’t he hit twenty goals and have a much better ratio? Pretty sure this is also his third season he has hit double figures?

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Apart from 2012/13? Didn’t he hit twenty goals and have a much better ratio? Pretty sure this is also his third season he has hit double figures?

For some reason that season is missing

0B0C7E50-4F86-4FEC-A289-16125C315AC5.png

5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

20 in 41 for Watford that year, 20 in 38 this year. So yes, this is his third. Had it in my mind that the 16 goal season was the one he made his mark at Watford.

FB7B5573-CB7D-4452-AE63-7C0AECDEF1D1.png

E6F3CE00-513A-4FDC-A233-1951940743D2.png

7 hours ago, David said:

Vydra has never scored 20 goals in a season, this is his best season as a professional. In fact this is only the second third season in his career he has hit double figures. 

If you watch interviews with him, he credits Rowett with giving him a free role going forward and getting the best out of him. 

Rowett has also spoken about putting his arm around him, building his confidence as his head is goes down when things are not going his way.

Sometimes it’s more than tactics. These are real people as well as footballers.

Maybe, just maybe Rowett deserves a tiny bit of credit from us all on this one for polishing him up, and not the garden knome at Moor Farm that’s lucky Vydra took it upon himself to have a blinding season he’s made out to be. Maybe.

Certainly doesn’t deserve more criticism in a thread that should be to congratulate Vydra on his goals.

Whilst you make some very good points that gave me food for thought on where I stand with Rowett, I too was under the impression that Vyds scored 20 goals at least in that 2012/13 season. Coupled with the fact he was the Championship player of the season that year  and went on to win international caps makes me believe he was nearer to the finished article than you are giving him credit for. I still believe his goal tally is a remarkable achievement considering the way we've approached a lot of games this season.Having said that you are quite correct in saying GR deserves some credit for coaxing that obvious talent back out of him. I also agree that this is not the thread for discussing Rowetts suitability to be our manager. Plenty of time in the summer for such a dissection to take place. Love or loathe him, whilst our season is still very much alive we should all get behind the team for one final push.

Btw: Well done once again to Vyds for his awards and his contribution to our season and look no sniping at GR. ?

There was only a few players that were ever in for a shout with this, Davies s the player I would have gone with. By far the most consistent and always had to come out and speak to the media during the bad times. Proper professional.

Having said that you cannot argues that a 20 goal striker doesn't deserve it also.

4 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

There was only a few players that were ever in for a shout with this, Davies s the player I would have gone with. By far the most consistent and always had to come out and speak to the media during the bad times. Proper professional.

Having said that you cannot argues that a 20 goal striker doesn't deserve it also.

Although Davies has been very good he has been part of the defence that has had several capitulations against Sunderland, burton, wolves, Sheffield clubs etc which probably swayed people's judgement.

i don't think anyone could really argue whether Vydra, Davies or Carson won it this year as they all have had good seasons 

20 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

I know Lads and I'll miss him too but just think what we could do with all that cash. We could get 7 or 8 over 30 yr olds for that kind of cash

I hear Gary's already been scouting this guy!

article-1329805-0C0CF2CB000005DC-886_468

Archived