Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

18 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Lego. When the instructions lead you to make a complex bit of varying colours which are then totally covered up by the next layer. Why??

what you expect them to say "any colour will do", I got knocked down with a tesla and required medical attention and your whinging about a plastic brick?

19 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Things affect us all differently :)

Next you'll be telling us everything is relative :o

i hate that, well hate is perhaps too strong a description but i dislike it alright, heftily, if i may say that in the way that everyone understands that word and when i say everything  i say everything is subjective and the only relative is the subjective relative so when you feel that your Lego assembly is not as an enjoyable experience as you had hoped for and then blame the designer and perhaps manufacturer for your project failure irritation, LesterRam complained that your gripe was insignificant compared to his major trauma of being run over by a large lady in a kiddie car, you affect the reader in a subjective manner, thereby excluding all other points of view and forcing him/her to choose sides in an altogether unrelated course o dual perception.

i object to that, in fact i object to this whole charade this thread has become, it's  nothing but a list of relative objections in a subjective cyber world environment and frankly it just doesn't quantify anymore.

To some it up, from my point of view, you both base your argument on a common fallacy. 

There is no baking soda in Gary Oldman's head, subjectively or relatively

Travelling east on the A52, around 5pm, and as you get to the Spondon village turn off and the road bends right, people either break or lift off, concerteaning the cars behind them, you are doing 40 and you have to break for that bend, please stop driving as you cannot.

The difference in customer service depending on whether you're leaving a provider, or joining.

Want to sign up for a new mobile contract, call answered in 15 secs. 

Wish to leave, at least half an hour on hold, only to be met with 'Why leave, we can offer you x' to stay.

Maybe if you'd have answered the call more promptly, I could have been tempted, but now you can go fluck yourself.

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

People who applaud when a plane lands safely at an airport under normal circumstances.

Unless there is a hurricane or the pilot has had to dodge a surface to air missile then there is absolutely no need.

Normal people seem to turn into ****** when it comes to Air Travel.

They stand looking gormless at security and seem surprised when they have to take coat, belt off etc and put liquids etc in a tray despite all the announcements and signs up everywhere, they then take ages, then stand re-dressing and packing their bags at the conveyor belt on the other side rather than taking the tray away to do it and allowing everyone else to get at their possessions.

They then queue at the gate even though they have their seats numbered anyway, only for an announcment to arrive that they are being bordered by seat numbers, but they still wander forward with their chins dragging on the floor even though their seats havent been announced.

When they eventually get on the plane it takes them ages to sort themselves out when they get to their seats holding everyone up again, coat off, bag overhead locker sit down, shouldnt take long should it?

And of course there are those on the plane that dont understand the sign about fastening seat belts and stand up when they feel like it, especially once the plane lands they are on their feet because obviously they are going to get to their destination so much quicker doing this rather than sitting and waiting.

Then when they get to the baggage collection, the whole family crowds round the belts blocking the view of others, with trolleys blocking the view too, they cant just stand back and wait for their case to arrive, and of course their is that one individual from their group who is waiting to one side but has to keep barging through to ask the other members for an update...erm what update? its not like the bags are all here but we are standing here just for the fun of it.

And then its all repeated on the return journey.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Normal people seem to turn into ****** when it comes to Air Travel.

They stand looking gormless at security and seem surprised when they have to take coat, belt off etc and put liquids etc in a tray despite all the announcements and signs up everywhere, they then take ages, then stand re-dressing and packing their bags at the conveyor belt on the other side rather than taking the tray away to do it and allowing everyone else to get at their possessions.

They then queue at the gate even though they have their seats numbered anyway, only for an announcment to arrive that they are being bordered by seat numbers, but they still wander forward with their chins dragging on the floor even though their seats havent been announced.

When they eventually get on the plane it takes them ages to sort themselves out when they get to their seats holding everyone up again, coat off, bag overhead locker sit down, shouldnt take long should it?

And of course there are those on the plane that dont understand the sign about fastening seat belts and stand up when they feel like it, especially once the plane lands they are on their feet because obviously they are going to get to their destination so much quicker doing this rather than sitting and waiting.

Then when they get to the baggage collection, the whole family crowds round the belts blocking the view of others, with trolleys blocking the view too, they cant just stand back and wait for their case to arrive, and of course their is that one individual from their group who is waiting to one side but has to keep barging through to ask the other members for an update...erm what update? its not like the bags are all here but we are standing here just for the fun of it.

And then its all repeated on the return journey.

Everything you just listed absolutely boils my piss.

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Everything you just listed absolutely boils my piss.

I could go on.

The bloke sitting next to you who has to put his knee or elbow or worse on your side of the seat. He may be 6'3 tall or even 6'3 round but thats not my fault, please keep to your side of the seat please.

The bloke or woman in front of me who reclines their seat, ok you have a bit more room but i now have less, its only a 4 hour flight to greece is this really necessary?

The kid behind me who cant stop kicking the back of my seat, why wont his parents say something to him?

That person who everytime he/she gets up to go the toilet and walk down the aisle has to grab hold of everyones head rest as they do, thanks for that i was just having a snooze but im awake now.

I've already said this once or twice on the forum but the use of "disinterested" still happens a lot on here when describing a player  standing around looking disinterested. "Disinterested" does not mean the same as "uninterested". "Disinterested" means "unbiased" or "impartial". 

The English language being what it is though means that there is an element of confusion in that the noun of "disinterested" is " disinteredness" but the noun of "uninterested" is would you believe " disinterest". 

So a player can stand around looking on with disinterest, but not looking disinterested. OK rant over. A beer's waiting

Sith Happens
39 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

I've already said this once or twice on the forum but the use of "disinterested" still happens a lot on here when describing a player  standing around looking disinterested. "Disinterested" does not mean the same as "uninterested". "Disinterested" means "unbiased" or "impartial". 

The English language being what it is though means that there is an element of confusion in that the noun of "disinterested" is " disinteredness" but the noun of "uninterested" is would you believe " disinterest". 

So a player can stand around looking on with disinterest, but not looking disinterested. OK rant over. A beer's waiting

Enjoy your beer.

54 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Meh. Uninterested! ;)

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Meh. Uninterested! ;)

Oh God. You've just used one of my other pet hates. The word meh!  I never watched the Simpsons so thankfully it's not entered my vocabulary.

As someone said "It is the essence of blinkered Internet malcontentism. And a rejection of joy. It’s part of the toxic Internet art of constant callous one upsmanship which terribly sad people use"

Haven't a clue what that all means but it sounds good. :angry:

2 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Oh God. You've just used one of my other pet hates. The word meh!  I never watched the Simpsons so thankfully it's not entered my vocabulary.

As someone said "It is the essence of blinkered Internet malcontentism. And a rejection of joy. It’s part of the toxic Internet art of constant callous one upsmanship which terribly sad people use"

Haven't a clue what that all means but it sounds good. :angry:

Meh.

Etyomology: probably Yiddish.

http://www.oed.com/view/Entry/35993760

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I could go on.

The bloke sitting next to you who has to put his knee or elbow or worse on your side of the seat. He may be 6'3 tall or even 6'3 round but thats not my fault, please keep to your side of the seat please.

The bloke or woman in front of me who reclines their seat, ok you have a bit more room but i now have less, its only a 4 hour flight to greece is this really necessary?

The kid behind me who cant stop kicking the back of my seat, why wont his parents say something to him?

That person who everytime he/she gets up to go the toilet and walk down the aisle has to grab hold of everyones head rest as they do, thanks for that i was just having a snooze but im awake now.

And those ******** on a night flight that keep their overhead reading light on, when they're not reading. Should be just thrown out of the door.